Turkuaz - new Turkish restaurant in Sheffield

mifein

Well I've been. Nothing special really. Quite bland maze though the aubergine dish was tasty. Tiny portions but think that was because we were on the voucher.

All in all quite disappointing came home hungry and feeling like I won't try Turkish food for a second time.

Shame.

Well I've been. Nothing special really. Quite bland maze though the aubergine dish was tasty. Tiny portions but think that was because we were on the voucher.

All in all quite disappointing came home hungry and feeling like I won't try Turkish food for a second time.

Shame.

I haven't bought a groupon voucher for ages because last time I did, exactly this happened - in a Thai place on London Road. Annoyed me so much I'll simply never go there again. If they don't want to give the proper portions for voucher customers, don't sign up for it. If they do, people will go back if it's any good. Dumb, false economy thinking.

I haven't bought a groupon voucher for ages because last time I did, exactly this happened - in a Thai place on London Road. Annoyed me so much I'll simply never go there again. If they don't want to give the proper portions for voucher customers, don't sign up for it. If they do, people will go back if it's any good. Dumb, false economy thinking.

Im glad you said that hon, I felt kind of cheated to be fair. It is because of that that I wont be going back, and to be honest, apart from the Aubergine dish the rest of the meze was quite bland.

I agree, they shouldn't sign up for the vouchers if they are going to cut down on sizes.

I agree, they shouldn't sign up for the vouchers if they are going to cut down on sizes.

I saw the vouchers however I thought they said they were for a 'meze' I always though a meze was a mix of small dishes, so just a snack that would be served alongside drinks, which sounds like what you got.

http://greekfood.about.com/od/glossary/g/def_meze.htm

So basically a taster of the food they serve. I stopped buying vouchers as I found they all have these little stipulations in. You have to really read what they are offering ;) For example most of the hotel offers are room only, so no breakfast!

Archived