Recommend a Road Bike

Hi all - I have been cycling to and from work over the past few years, using an hybrid, however I am now finding this slow and tiresome so now wish to upgrade to something I can wizz about on and possible use for weekend fitness training.

Can anyone recommend a decent road bike, preferably lightweight, that I can potentially use for longer distance rides.

Budget wise - I am looking for something no more than £900.

Thanks,

AO

You won't half notice a difference!:D

Do you want something with mudguard clearance?

Some road bikes can be a swine to get guards on for commuting.

There are quite a few bikes in that price range. I'd get something with a tiagra or above groupset, rather than a sora.

You won't half notice a difference!:D

Do you want something with mudguard clearance?

Some road bikes can be a swine to get guards on for commuting.

There are quite a few bikes in that price range. I'd get something with a tiagra or above groupset, rather than a sora.

A like a difference :)

Nah, not so fussed about mudguards. I don't mind a bit of water :D

I want a lightweight, good quality bike to commute and also use for distance. I might even incorporate it into my next charity challenge :)

Some years ago I bought a bike from Cycle Heaven in York, I still use it and it came with mudguards, bike racks and lighting set. It was intended for the continental market where they use the very comfortable sit up and beg style.

http://www.cycle-heaven.co.uk/bikes/type/hybrids-comfort/

Where's the basket? :suspect:

Nice bikes, but not quite what I had in mind :)

Archived