I didn't know you cared!

robertl

bought the boxed set off E bay last week and started watchin it agin tonight!

its great. starts wi old cooling towers in openin shot(now blown up)

some of the outside shots are bringin back a lot of memories. down bi canal.

have to let mi grandson watch it so he can learn real sheffieldish! that will really **** mi son in law off(he's an aussie)

can anyone remember it? and where it were filmed? I know its Sheffield but which area?

bought the boxed set off E bay last week and started watchin it agin tonight!

its great. starts wi old cooling towers in openin shot(now blown up)

some of the outside shots are bringin back a lot of memories. down bi canal.

have to let mi grandson watch it so he can learn real sheffieldish! that will really **** mi son in law off(he's an aussie)

can anyone remember it? and where it were filmed? I know its Sheffield but which area?

God I remember this, I also remember one day talking to John Comer who told me they were filming it (I was a van lad at Franklins), for life of me cannot remember where though.

Not sure if it was off Fulwood Rd area or up Crookes it's a long time ago

It was filmed all over, one episode was done at the Myrtle Inn on Myrtle Rd now sadly gone, another was done up around cemetery Rd,another episode had a works outing in it and the works entrance was Chestermans on Pomona St thats still there. The cast was Liz Smith, John Comer, Robin Bailey, Bert Palmer played Uncle Stavely first then he was replaced by Leslie Sarony an old Music Hall star,Liz Goulding played Carters Fiance and Carter was played by Steven Rea who went on to stardom as a big Film star.

One of the best eries I ever saw and Robin bailey played a Yorkshire man like a natural.But getting back to where it was filmed it was all over Sheffield

Archived