Why Do Certain People Have Such A Hatred Towards The Police

At the time of the Miners' Strike, the best question was this:

"Your house has been burgled. To whom do you address your report for law-enforcement: the NUM?!"

Like it or not, you/we all need the Police. Lack of respect for authority is not nowadays confined to theirs, I regret.

Or how about, "My ability to provide a decent living for my family is being threatened and I disagree with that. Why are you beating me with a truncheon?"

The NUM never claimed their function was to prevent burglars breaking into people's houses. The analogy is stupid.

Or how about, "My ability to provide a decent living for my family is being threatened and I disagree with that. Why are you beating me with a truncheon?"

The NUM never claimed their function was to prevent burglars breaking into people's houses. The analogy is stupid.

Thugish cops, thugish miners, on he whole many men resort to violance when they don't get their own way. The thicker they are the more violant.

Coppers are not coppers any more they are just glorified debt collectors now, I was brought up the respect the police but now they don't deserve respect,I do feel sorry for them though their hands are tied with bureaucracy and red tape some of these little ****s who they have to deal with I would not be able to keep my hands of them, the coppers deserve a medal for dealing with them, they don't seem to be public servants like they used to be any more,all they seem to be interested is getting money out of people they never seem to be around when you need them.

I know what you mean I could not do their job, I would want to crack some of the scumbags they have to deal with. It is right their hands are tied due to bureaucracy and red tape I agree, the crminals know they have more rights now so can take advantage. :);)

The police have an unenviable job I'll agree, but please remember during the miners strike they were under instructions to bust heads. The day Scargill was arrested @ Orgreave, it was arranged before that he would be arrested come what may.

Also remember that a lot of the "police" were in fact military drafted in, and given uniforms. They have a dangerous job yes, but some just use the uniform to give out a "good hiding"

Befel ist befel as a defence cuts no ice with most people though. If you are ordered to do something illegal you don't do it. It's not tricky.

The trouble with the police nowadays is they treat everyone as a criminal until proven otherwise. This leads to nasty confrontations where you are assumed guilty of something until they give up trying to find out what you have done. That's policing by fiat not policing by consent. It leads to unfortunate things and situations such as the offence of Driving a Nicer Car than Me; Walking a bit Too Slowly; and Catching a Train whilst being Brazilian.

Respect for individual coppers doing the job well and with dedication. Absolutley - they have earned it by deed and action.

Respect for the police force as a single entity. Get stuffed. I wouldnt give them the time of day.

Befel ist befel as a defence cuts no ice with most people though. If you are ordered to do something illegal you don't do it. It's not tricky.

The trouble with the police nowadays is they treat everyone as a criminal until proven otherwise. This leads to nasty confrontations where you are assumed guilty of something until they give up trying to find out what you have done. That's policing by fiat not policing by consent. It leads to unfortunate things and situations such as the offence of Driving a Nicer Car than Me; Walking a bit Too Slowly; and Catching a Train whilst being Brazilian.

Respect for individual coppers doing the job well and with dedication. Absolutley - they have earned it by deed and action.

Respect for the police force as a single entity. Get stuffed. I wouldnt give them the time of day.

It's fear I reckon. Same in the IDF. The more afraid someone is of their enemy/surroundings, the more outrageously aggressive they react. Add that to the fact that only power hungry numpties with no imagination or ability to do a real job are the ones joining. Dangerous combination :D

Essentially the police oppress the people. They were first employed to deprive men of their lands. You see it now, when they destroy men for trying to make an honest living.

The biggest problem I have with the police, is that they do both GOOD and BAD. And they seem to have a lot of good people working for them. Increasingly the officers I come across are very rational and sympathetic to the plight of the common man. some even lament the work they do (harassing pedlars and other street traders for example).

Archived