Why Do Certain People Have Such A Hatred Towards The Police

Well yeah but why is it particularly relevant to you?

I pointed it out,because in this Country too many people have a tendency to condemn and never praise,its the same with all our institutions.

We hear stories about corrupion and brutality in Police forces in other Countries where the Police have more power,some places wouldn't tolerate what our Police put up with,dealing with violent drunken yobs in the City centre at night,abusive language, increasing domestic violence etc, and thats only a small part of their job.Now they are being told they need to crack down more heavily on drug crime,then they have these stupid targets they are told to reach with even extra paperwork involved,keeping them off the streets where more of them should be.

They have have a lot to deal with,and goverment cuts havn't helped the situation,they are under-resourced, like i have said in a reply to Mister M i'm not denying that their are faults in the system but we can't do without them,so lets show a bit of support.

It really does say quite a lot about certain people on here, when they keep bringing up the past, miners strike/poll tax etc.

The past is the past, the majority of the police force back then have probably retired, but yet the police officers that are working now, get the blame.

Stupid!

I would love to see some of the keyboard warriors and ageing anarchists on here try to do a days work that the police have to do, I dont think they would even manage to make it through their front door on to the streets.

I respect the police 100% and they have my full support in all they do.

Wow... we are in agreement. Now that must be a first :)

It really does say quite a lot about certain people on here, when they keep bringing up the past, miners strike/poll tax etc.

The past is the past, the majority of the police force back then have probably retired, but yet the police officers that are working now, get the blame.

Stupid!

I would love to see some of the keyboard warriors and ageing anarchists on here try to do a days work that the police have to do, I dont think they would even manage to make it through their front door on to the streets.

I think you're right. I doubt 2% of the people on here would be able to do a shift in a coppers shoes.

Then again, I bet many police officers couldn't do my job either. So what?!

True, they have got a really difficult job, part of which is winning the respect of the public. Unfortunately, this part of the job is lacking. That's pretty obvious just by reading this thread.

Stupid!

Says even more about the reputation of the police!!

I think you're right. I doubt 2% of the people on here would be able to do a shift in a coppers shoes.

Then again, I bet many police officers couldn't do my job either. So what?!

True, they have got a really difficult job, part of which is winning the respect of the public. Unfortunately, this part of the job is lacking. That's pretty obvious just by reading this thread.

No, what is obvious from reading this thread is that the same old faces on SF hate the police!

Thats it really.

The police started those riots. My dad was a miner at the time. He was skint and trying to save his pit from closure.

When the Met Police were called up to "help", they were waving £10 notes in the miners faces and laughing.

Disgusting! I think the whole miners strikes are one of the reasons why the police have a bad reputation up north and rightly so. Most of the police will have just been doing there job, but some took it too far and caused a lot of dammage.

How dare they?

Jeezus Christ!

Get over yourself!

How dare they?

Jeezus Christ!

Get over yourself!

Yeah, seems you have a similar attitude. You just choose to ignore facts when they don't suit you.

You are the one that needs to get over ones self.

The police will always have a bad rap up here because of the disgusting acts of the past. It's going to take a long time to win us over.

Archived