Benefits advice

That's really shocking. How's a person supposed to live?

Don't they even allow you expenses to get to and from work?

The £5 income disregard is supposed to cover your travel to work expenses and buy you a pint. It did in 1981!

Today an off-peak! SYPTE SY day saver is £6.30.

On peak is something like £8.

Benefit claimants could always go back in time and go to Uni to study PPE at degree level.

At Oxford? do the nu labour party even accept people form a working class background anymore?

PPE for most is either pencil, pen and eraser, or personal protective equipment.

Politics philosophy and economy is alien.

I'm not sure at all, but you can only work up to 16 hours can't you? Is that what you mean?

Saying that, one of my friends went onto jsa whilst working 8 hours I think it was, and he didn't receive any payment from jsa, just his wage from work and signed on and received help from the job centre?

I'd call the jobcentre to be honest.

I just rambled didn't I

Maybe it was because you friend earned a high salary for those 8 hours rather than just the minimum wage.

So if your part-time job is less than 16 hours a week, does that mean you can't sign on?

Maybe it was because you friend earned a high salary for those 8 hours rather than just the minimum wage.

So if your part-time job is less than 16 hours a week, does that mean you can't sign on?

The official line is you can work 15hrs 59m a week and still keep claiming your JSA - £56 (under 25yrs old) and £71 (25yrs and over) and still access the training courses and advice from JCP inc the dreaded work programme. Its now done over a month, averaged out over the 4 weeks e.g. 20 hrs one week, 14 the next, as long as its not any more than 64hrs for the month you'd be ok.If you're paid at minimum wage please contact the local council as you would still be entitled to housing benefit on a sliding scale, depending on how much you were earning, Otherwise you'd be made to sign off. And I'm an adviser at BC before anyone asks lol.

ATB & KTF

MC

The official line is you can work 15hrs 59m a week and still keep claiming your JSA - £56 (under 25yrs old) and £71 (25yrs and over) and still access the training courses and advice from JCP inc the dreaded work programme. Its now done over a month, averaged out over the 4 weeks e.g. 20 hrs one week, 14 the next, as long as its not any more than 64hrs for the month you'd be ok.If you're paid at minimum wage please contact the local council as you would still be entitled to housing benefit on a sliding scale, depending on how much you were earning, Otherwise you'd be made to sign off. And I'm an adviser at BC before anyone asks lol.

ATB & KTF

MC

As explained.

You lose £1 of your JSA per £1 of income earned.

You lose hb at 65p/£1

You lose ctb at 85/£1

Transport fees aren't taken into account.

It is financially irrational to work in those circumstances.

If you can break free of benefits completely and earn some on top, it makes sense.

If you work for 48 minutes to earn a fiver, it makes sense.

48 minutes - ~30 hours makes no sense. Unless your eligible for tax credits.

Archived