How to get blue jean dye out of carpet

I've got blue jean die all over the cream carpet, and I'm going to have a last ditch attempt at getting it out

I've used a friends vax carper cleaner and vanish to no look

Anyone got any ideas?

Heard people say rug doctors are really good, but don't know if it would be that good

It is usually too late once you have used other cleaners.

The only chance is when the spill is fresh and untouched and you call in the cavalry.

Is it covered by insurance?

No it is a rented property

Thankfully when we moved in the landlady said it does not matter if the carpet gets ruined it won't effect the bond as the carpet had a few stains on it when we moved in but nothing like it is now

Just want to try and make it look better as it looks awfull, my buckup plan is to get a massive rug

I've got blue jean die all over the cream carpet, and I'm going to have a last ditch attempt at getting it out

I've used a friends vax carper cleaner and vanish to no look

Anyone got any ideas?

Heard people say rug doctors are really good, but don't know if it would be that good

How did it get on there? If it's transferred from a pair of jeans that were wet when you put the on the carpet then HOT water and borax will get it out.

However, if it is a dye from a bottle that is used to dye jeans or other fabrics, then hot water could very well fix it permanantly to the carpet.

How did it get on there? If it's transferred from a pair of jeans that were wet when you put the on the carpet then HOT water and borax will get it out.

However, if it is a dye from a bottle that is used to dye jeans or other fabrics, then hot water could very well fix it permanantly to the carpet.

It was a wet pair of jeans, but when I tried to just scrub it up with a towel it spread to half the carpet

Half a gallon of hot water, dissolve a cup of borax in it, and try scrubbing a mopping a small part of it first. Usually it lifts it out quite easily.

You can also wash new bluejeans like that on 40C with a half cup to flush out all of the excess indigo and stop them staining. Doesnt work on black jeans though.

Archived