Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman - The Soham Murders 10 Years On 04.08.2012

Did anybody else just see the programme about Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman??. It was so sad, what their families must have gone through in the past 10 anyone else can not even begin to imagine. She would have been twenty one on the fourth of october, so unfair I remember when the story broke of their dissapearence then it was reported that it was a murder case.

I have always thought what drives anybody to kill another human being, another adult but two ten year old girls??, Ian Huntley was known to Police in Lincolnshire but at the time information was not passed on to another Police constabulary in another county so Cambridge Police knew nothing about his conviction for molesting a child. He managed to get a job in the school that Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman attended, along with his lying scumbag of a girlfriend who was a teaching assistant.

After Holly & Jessica`s murder, the police set up a national database that allows information on an offender to be passed from one county to another, it was so sad Holly`s father read a beautiful poem out about her, the funerals were televised and it should you a clip of the service. Everybody came to lay flowers down for them, Ian Huntley got 40 years indetfinately not long enough for the families of Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman who can never have their daughters back. :);)

I think many still bypass the checks, such is the nature of the system.

If multiple adults are present and responsible for children, then perhaps the chance of this ever happening again can be reduced.

Yes I agree, hopefully since then more checks on people are being done. To stop dangerous adults such as Huntley, or others getting the opportunity to come into contact with children who are vulnerable as it is not acceptable, that he was even allowed to step foot in a school. Clearly there are flaws in the system that fails young vulnerable people, and this case it had grave consequences for those two poor girls and their families. :);)

I think the way the dad has coped with it all was amazing, I can safely say I wouldnt be coping aswell as him! :)

Have you read Kevins book. Goodbye Holly dearest? It is really good, just a simple heartfelt plea and give the reader an understanding of the horror of it all.

Did anybody else just see the programme about Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman??. It was so sad, what their families must have gone through in the past 10 anyone else can not even begin to imagine. She would have been twenty one on the fourth of october, so unfair I remember when the story broke of their dissapearence then it was reported that it was a murder case.

I have always thought what drives anybody to kill another human being, another adult but two ten year old girls??, Ian Huntley was known to Police in Lincolnshire but at the time information was not passed on to another Police constabulary in another county so Cambridge Police knew nothing about his conviction for molesting a child. He managed to get a job in the school that Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman attended, along with his lying scumbag of a girlfriend who was a teaching assistant.

After Holly & Jessica`s murder, the police set up a national database that allows information on an offender to be passed from one county to another, it was so sad Holly`s father read a beautiful poem out about her, the funerals were televised and it should you a clip of the service. Everybody came to lay flowers down for them, Ian Huntley got 40 years indetfinately not long enough for the families of Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman who can never have their daughters back. :);)

He was a caretaker at a different school - not the one they attended. He was never an offender so information wouldnt be passed on.

If you decide you are going to exclude everyone who someone doesnt like and make false accusations against, you will end up with no one working in a positions of trust. Yous hould enver make polciy based on emotion and outrage, sadly the ragtop papers we have in this country do just that.

He was a caretaker at a different school - not the one they attended. He was never an offender so information wouldnt be passed on.

If you decide you are going to exclude everyone who someone doesnt like and make false accusations against, you will end up with no one working in a positions of trust. Yous hould enver make polciy based on emotion and outrage, sadly the ragtop papers we have in this country do just that.

He was the caretaker at the same school, and he was an offender before he got the job.

Archived