Bouncers at reflex

titch08

The last time i went down town was in York on a weekend away trip a couple of years ago,the Saturday night was busy in every pub we visited every bar had two doormen with ear pieces in, never saw any trouble and the doormen even took away drinks bang on the supping up period .The whole town center had a,out for a good time not trouble atmosphere, just like Sheffield used to be in the seventies.

I do find stuff like this odd, how can you judge an entire city's nightlife on one visit two years ago? I've had friends over from Manchester three times in the last two months, we've gone out in Sheff on a Saturday between around 6pm-2am each time, been in a good variety of pubs/bars, and haven't had any bother whatsoever. At the same time I wouldn't dream of suggesting it doesn't go on - just that Sheffield isn't really any different to any other city centre at night.

I went to York two weeks ago. There we people fighting in the street, an unconscious guy on the floor with blood coming from his head and a huge group of police vans. This was 3 separate incidents within sight of each other.

kids and beer don't mix another nice place spoiled

kids and beer don't mix another nice place spoiled

Or it could be the 75p vodka mixers which some venues are offering in York. One side of the river is good, the other (Micklegate) is more like a cheaper version of Carver St.

Anyway, going off topic....

• 2 weeks later...

I was there that night and your stealing baccy story is utter rubbish, I was outside having a cig and you were asked on numerous occasions not to bring your drinks outside which you ignored, you tried to be clever once too often so the bouncers ejected you at which point your girlfriend slapped one of the bouncers across the face twice while he was helping to eject you, he didn't know who was hitting him, it was just a defensive reaction on his part to fend off his attacker, and from what I saw maybe its you and your lass who should be more worried about CCTV coverage, I also think you should steer clear of reflex it'll be a safer place without you, heh

Or it could be the 75p vodka mixers which some venues are offering in York. One side of the river is good, the other (Micklegate) is more like a cheaper version of Carver St.

Anyway, going off topic....

Explains why I avoid the zoo that is Micklegate and head straight away from the riff-raff louts, choosing to spend £55 on Veuve Clicquot in The Biltmore.

That civilised society is worth every penny.

I was there that night and your stealing baccy story is utter rubbish, I was outside having a cig and you were asked on numerous occasions not to bring your drinks outside which you ignored, you tried to be clever once too often so the bouncers ejected you at which point your girlfriend slapped one of the bouncers across the face twice while he was helping to eject you, he didn't know who was hitting him, it was just a defensive reaction on his part to fend off his attacker, and from what I saw maybe its you and your lass who should be more worried about CCTV coverage, I also think you should steer clear of reflex it'll be a safer place without you, heh

kids and beer? were not kids we have them

the time i was asked to take my drink inside was about an hour before and at the top of the stairs and i did i was talking to someone else at the time i was never "clever" i walked out started talking then had baccy taken out of my pocket (the only thing in there) so naturally i went to get it back after i was launched out for no reason she slapped him but if your a bouncer surely you would know to stop not retaliate but then again they are scum we have been in there and know who the bouncers are and there is an investigation (no cops) going on ;) ....also there was a complaint against us until the CCTV magically disappeared so your thinking you know it all you dont and obviously your on the bouncers side that have no grounds to go on evidently, and we did before the CCTV Houdini act get a grip us and the family are friends of the place

HEH!!!

kids and beer? were not kids we have them

the time i was asked to take my drink inside was about an hour before and at the top of the stairs and i did i was talking to someone else at the time i was never "clever" i walked out started talking then had baccy taken out of my pocket (the only thing in there) so naturally i went to get it back after i was launched out for no reason she slapped him but if your a bouncer surely you would know to stop not retaliate but then again they are scum we have been in there and know who the bouncers are and there is an investigation (no cops) going on ;) ....also there was a complaint against us until the CCTV magically disappeared so your thinking you know it all you dont and obviously your on the bouncers side that have no grounds to go on evidently, and we did before the CCTV Houdini act get a grip us and the family are friends of the place

HEH!!!

Isn't it amazing how it's never your fault, like I said I was there inside and out all night about half an hour before you were ejected your lass was all over the bouncers like a rash, of course the y were probably fantastic lads then weren't they?, when it comes down to it, it's the word of 2 disgruntled drunk patrons against door staff doing their jobs, question, why would the bouncer go in your pocket and steal some tobacco?, I know what I saw, you saw it another way of course your way is going to be biased toward you, for your info it was the first time I'd been in reflex in around 3 months and as I said I was out having a cig at the time, anyway you asked if anyone was there and what they saw, you only reply to people who question your version of events, I'm not being funny mate but it looks like you or your lass has got someone to join sheff forum just to post on this thread. This will be the last post I put on here, I put what I saw you've put what you saw, both as valid as each other

Archived