ICE Bar is the worst in my opinion

present

ICE BAR IS CRAP  

82 members have voted

1. 1. ICE BAR IS CRAP

• YES
    • NO

Originally posted by Cyclone

how to put this delicately. What a load of old tosh.

Once the licencing was introduced the police had a few weeks of issuing fines to all the non licensed door staff and closing the venues each night. Very soon afterwards all the door staff were licences (and it was only a small minority that weren't in the first place).

And of the ones i've met at bar ice they are pretty good blokes.

You must lead a very scary if you rarely venture outside your house at night.

So you are wrong, and i'm pretty sure that much worse things happen in new york.

Not really -I have been reading the Sheffield Star online when in NYC and i recall at least 6 stories about gun crime in Sheffield and a family burnt to death in Beighton. Sheffield has a major crime problem but its public still like to believe it is the same 70s steel factory town it used to be- thats the problem. I rarely venture outside in Sheffield where a crime is not too far away- just look at areas like Darnall, Manor, Parson Cross etc. London, NYC, Amsterdam, Dubai, the places i visit there are crimes but they are comparable to the size of the cities.

Originally posted by kal77uk

Not really -I have been reading the Sheffield Star online when in NYC and i recall at least 6 stories about gun crime in Sheffield and a family burnt to death in Beighton. Sheffield has a major crime problem but its public still like to believe it is the same 70s steel factory town it used to be- thats the problem. I rarely venture outside in Sheffield where a crime is not too far away- just look at areas like Darnall, Manor, Parson Cross etc. London, NYC, Amsterdam, Dubai, the places i visit there are crimes but they are comparable to the size of the cities.

Reading about crime in the papers isn't the same thing as actually experiencing it. How many traffic accidents have you read about in the Sheffield area? Does it make you stay in your home in case you get run over or have a crash?

Originally posted by present

I think the worst place to go in sheffield is Ice bar. I was a regular ther until tonyt and if i were you, i wud neva go there again. I bot a drink and was just movin away from the bar when a guy grabbed my arse( i'm black- so a bit of junk in the trunk). told him off and he started shouting @ him so i slapped him, he got a glass and threw it @ me and it him my head, i had a drink in my hand and threw the contents @ him and he got anotha glass and it hit my shoulder as i was running away. TO MY HORROR, THE STUPID BOUNCERS DID NOT THROWHIM OUT BCOS THEY SAID THEY WERE SCARRED OF HIS 'GANG'. Y R THEY CALLED BOUNCERS ANYWAY?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANYWAY, WENT HOME WITH A BLEEDING HEAD AND A SORRE SHOULDER. NEVA ICE BAR AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by present

i neva knew it cud get that bad, wat kinda man throws glass @ a woman, a man with no sense, just trying to make up for wat's missin in his pants.!!!

Originally posted by 40summat

I'd have another go at writing this in the morning mate,

:confused: If i have a few drinks, does this kind of post become more comprehensible? :confused:

Originally posted by Cyclone

6 and half a dozen spring to mind.

He grabbed your arse, technically it's sexual assualt.

You 'told him off', okay, and he shouted back.

You slapped him, that's assault. It doesn't sound like self defence.

I doubt his subsequent actions could be passed off as self defence either, so he was probably also guilty of assault as well.

:clap: hey translation...Have you been drinking Cyclone?:hihi:

Originally posted by PottShrigley

Translation please!

:shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

Is that the ONLY bit you didn't understand? :gag::hihi:

Originally posted by kal77uk

I wasn't alive when it was a 70's steel factory town, so I doubt that's my problem.

In a city of 500,000 you read about 6 gun crimes (over what time period?) and somehow you're convinced that there's a crime problem (a major one in fact).

Then you name a few areas which are amongst the less afluent in sheffield, what about them?

Are you trying to tell me that London, NYC and other large cities don't have certain areas where crime is higher?

According to the FBI 20% of all US murders occur in 4 cities with just 6% of the population. NYC is on that list of 4.

It's difficult to find any figures, but I expect that you can find more than 6 murders with firearms committed in NYC in a year. Probably more than that every month in fact.

I wasn't alive when it was a 70's steel factory town, so I doubt that's my problem.

In a city of 500,000 you read about 6 gun crimes (over what time period?) and somehow you're convinced that there's a crime problem (a major one in fact).

Then you name a few areas which are amongst the less afluent in sheffield, what about them?

Are you trying to tell me that London, NYC and other large cities don't have certain areas where crime is higher?

According to the FBI 20% of all US murders occur in 4 cities with just 6% of the population. NYC is on that list of 4.

It's difficult to find any figures, but I expect that you can find more than 6 murders with firearms committed in NYC in a year. Probably more than that every month in fact.

That is my point - Sheffield has a rising crime problem - you said the areas i mentioned were "less affluent" - of course they are- but they werent 20/30 years ago. The less affluent places of say NYC were the same areas of high crime they had always been. A Sheffielder with any pride would regard six shootings as a disaster for the city the same goes for any female attacked in a Sheffield nightspot.

Reading about crime in the papers isn't the same thing as actually experiencing it. How many traffic accidents have you read about in the Sheffield area? Does it make you stay in your home in case you get run over or have a crash?

A car crash is not a crime. You cant go to prison unless you kill someone.

You dont accidentally assault someone in a nightclub.

Crime is feared regardless of whether or not you experience it. Only July 7th the police were out in force in Sheffield even though it was London that was bombed. No one in Sheffield experienced the horror, unless they were in London, yet in Sheffield people were looking out for bags and suspicious muslims.

That is my point - Sheffield has a rising crime problem - you said the areas i mentioned were "less affluent" - of course they are- but they werent 20/30 years ago. The less affluent places of say NYC were the same areas of high crime they had always been. A Sheffielder with any pride would regard six shootings as a disaster for the city the same goes for any female attacked in a Sheffield nightspot.

I think you'll find that they have always been less affluent, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

And I'll agree, any shooting is unwanted, but that doesn't somehow make Sheffield a place with more crime than NYC, which is what you suggested in your earlier posts.

I'm sorry to here what's happened to you Present. Obviously that guy has a few screw lose to throw a bottle at someone for something this trivial. To me, he did provoke you first. I hope the males that have replied to this thread and demeaned such a situation is not saying that a woman should stand up for such behaviour and allow the guy to push his limits (sexually) ?

I didn't think that slapping someone back as a form of self defence is seen as assaulting somebody. Maybe you should've gone into A&E and get yourself checked out to see if glass fragments did hit your head, and I'm sure the police would deal with the rest.

I dunno the situation but, it sounds like the guy is not clued-up on what are flirting signals (!)

check the sequence of events. Grab, shouting, slap. That's not self defence, and the argument of provocation might get you a reduced sentence for assault, it doesn't make it okay.

Of course his subsequent actions were more serious, attempted abh or possibly even attempted gbh.

" I bot a drink and was just movin away from the bar when a guy grabbed my arse( i'm black- so a bit of junk in the trunk). told him off and he started shouting @ him so i slapped him, he got a glass and threw it @ me and it him my head, ..."

This is what I understood of the situation from the above comment.

male - grabbed female's bottom

female - told male off (did she say she shouted ? don't assume )

male - starts shouting (at female ?)

female - slapped male

male - grabbed a glass and threw it

Archived