Conflict in Syria.

Britain was included in my post. I said "Europe" that means Britain as well.

Britain did it's share of plundering and instigating wars.

World war One started because of rivalry with Germany. When the Germans started to build a big navy and making noises about wanting some colonies in Africa like Britain and France had then that upset a lot of politicians in London and Paris.

"Cant have that" they said "Britain rules the waves. Dont want the German navy butting in on our turf and Africa belongs to us"

It was that kind of power rivalry that brought about the war and all the troubles that have followed.

If kings and emperors had treated their subjects with a degree of fairness then people like Marx and Lenin would never have been known

Give it up ,

America has been in a state of constant warfare since it was created .

America has been involved with assignations . Coups , arming terrorists etlc etc

Now don't get be wrong I don't blame the American people , but the elites .

Please don't be ignorant too the facts of recent history and current events .

Europe is america .

The same powers which own , control , govern Europe also do so in Amerika .

Maybe you should find another place to live in then. But I dare say any place you go to will still be controlled by those mysterious "powers" you're always on about.

You must be a very unhappy individual having to live in such an environment :D

The list goes on and on .

But like typical American way of thinking the harleyman can see no evil .

So instead he becomes my very own spell check wizard .

Serves you right. It's foolish to make comments about others being foolish when you're not even conversant with simple English. Not that I'm an Oxford scholar of the English language by any means but if I were to be brash and tactless enough to accuse any other nationality of being less intelligent I wouldn't make a horse's ass of myself by displaying my own shortcomings, particularly in such a thing as Kindergarten English :D

When did the last Christian/westerner set off a suicide bomb at a funeral, in packe market, or fly apassenger jet into Mecca on the bidding their local Christian cleric?

Wouldn't you call anyone a simpleton or puppet who did this bidding.

Extremist anti-western factions have hijacked the Muslim religion for their own ends. The root cause of this extremism can be traced back to the establishment of Israel just after WW2 and the establishment of a Jewish homeland came about because of centuries of discrimination and pogroms against the Jewish people in Europe culminating in Hitler's blood bath.

So you see where it all originated?

Extremist anti-western factions have hijacked the Muslim religion for their own ends. The root cause of this extremism can be traced back to the establishment of Israel just after WW2 and the establishment of a Jewish homeland came about because of centuries of discrimination and pogroms against the Jewish people in Europe culminating in Hitler's blood bath.

So you see where it all originated?

You're on a roll. Why stop there? The scene was set when Abraham threw his oldest son and mistress (ishmael and hagar) out in the desert and they went on to found the Arab people.

Or even further back when bob the caveman wouldn't share his mammoth burger with his neighbour. If that hadn't happened the world would be a much nicer place. :loopy:

You're flogging a dead horse. Blaming history is fair enough when everything is settled and there is time for romanticised philosophical debate. But to keep banging on and on about it now only serves as a smokescreen/diversion from what's really happening.

Big money and big business is the motive for wars. History is used as a convenient excuse and to pretend that the current situation in syria and the ME is unavoidable

It's clear people have tired of this thread and are now deliberately bickering to get it closed.

You're on a roll. Why stop there? The scene was set when Abraham threw his oldest son and mistress (ishmael and hagar) out in the desert and they went on to found the Arab people.

Or even further back when bob the caveman wouldn't share his mammoth burger with his neighbour. If that hadn't happened the world would be a much nicer place. :loopy:

You're flogging a dead horse. Blaming history is fair enough when everything is settled and there is time for romanticised philosophical debate. But to keep banging on and on about it now only serves as a smokescreen/diversion from what's really happening.

Big money and big business is the motive for wars. History is used as a convenient excuse and to pretend that the current situation in syria and the ME is unavoidable

It's clear people have tired of this thread and are now deliberately bickering to get it closed.

No it's not. Territory, natural resources, tribal and religious rivalries have and always will be the main cause of wars

No it's not. Territory, natural resources, tribal and religious rivalries have and always will be the main cause of wars

It has to be, it can't be anything else can it ? A government can fire a rocket, even if it is influenced by big business, but surely every day folk are more likely to take up arms based on the above (plus oppression) than on the say so of a foreign power.

Actualy it's common Knowledge that Thatcher and the USA gov armed funded Saddam .

no it isn't. It's ignorant misinformation. Should you want to use a contemporary Olympic illustration, Baathist Saddam's Iraq's main backers were principally the Soviet Union, miles ahead in the gold medal position, and then China and France going for the silver medal miles behind, and I mean miles behind, but which China narrowly won. France took bronze.

Stockolm Peace Research Institute graph arms sales to Iraq 1973-1990

http://www.command-post.org/archives/002978.html

::

Yes she did say centuries,i see no reason for her to change that,and how exactly does your pedantic attitude and over concern with detail of accuracies contribute to this?

It's not pedantic at all. There's obviously a lot of difference between centuries and millennia! It's obviously incorrect to say hundreds when the truth is thousands! It is incorrect at the first approximation by an order of magnitude!

Territory and natural resources don't involve big money and big business then?

Tribal and religious rivalries would not end in civil war/foreign intervention/overthrowing governments if they weren't cultivated and enabled for the benefit of international powers. Behind every conflict there are people profiting from it.

Archived