Conflict in Syria.

I can fully understand why the UN can't agree on what to do here. The choice is to keep out of it, support a dictator, or support Muslim fundamentalists. Nothing nice happens whichever option they chose. Really, nothing nice will come of it at all. I think we're best well out of it, and then we don't have to accept responsibility for the disaster that the country is and will, inevitably, remain. To that end, I consider our government's decision to fund the Muslim fundamentalist rebels, for that is what they are, with total dismay.

That is why the Olympics are on

It's all done to knock your off scent

Not quite sure what you are saying,the Syrian crisis wasn't planned to coincide with the Olympic games i don't think.:huh:

The whole Olympic event has been in plan since our Country was selected.

I can fully understand why the UN can't agree on what to do here. The choice is to keep out of it, support a dictator, or support Muslim fundamentalists. Nothing nice happens whichever option they chose. Really, nothing nice will come of it at all. I think we're best well out of it, and then we don't have to accept responsibility for the disaster that the country is and will, inevitably, remain. To that end, I consider our government's decision to fund the Muslim fundamentalist rebels, for that is what they are, with total dismay.

It's always the way though isn't it? Replace one dictator with another. The Shah of Iran was a brutal dictator and was replaced by Ayatollah Loonytunes. The Russians were defeated in Afghanistan and were replaced by some of the most extremist people you'd ever wish to avoid in your life....then it all had to be cleaned up years later.

Gadaffi....a bit of a nutter, but he was sort of behaving himself...now the country is run by who knows who. Egypt...Mubarek may have been a not nice bloke, now we have a Muslim government. Saddam Husein - evil tyrant, deserved to be hung, replaced by God knows what.

Not quite sure what you are saying,the Syrian crisis wasn't planned to coincide with the Olympic games i don't think.:huh:

The whole Olympic event has been in plan since our Country was selected.

Their using the olympics as excuse not to show as much news coverage.. The west want Iran gone, now do you think ahmadinejad will go quietly..

Their using the olympics as excuse not to show as much news coverage.. The west want Iran gone, now do you think ahmadinejad will go quietly..

What do i know,i'm just a mere observer, the better informed are discussing the crisis on the more updated thread of the topic.

What do i know,i'm just a mere observer, the better informed are discussing the crisis on the more updated thread of the topic.

You can only become better informed if you stop believing everything they say.. Britain said the 5m they are giving is for armour to protect civilians and not weapons.. But that's whats their there for anyway so why state this..

You can only become better informed if you stop believing everything they say.. Britain said the 5m they are giving is for armour to protect civilians and not weapons.. But that's whats their there for anyway so why state this..

This thread is closed,so run along and play somewhere else.:rant:

NOTE TO SELF

"Never again attempt to open a thread about world politics it is not your speciality.So in future when you decide to come on to the forum in between domestic chores,stick to what you know best and go straight on to the Enertainment/chat section"

This thread is closed,so run along and play somewhere else.:rant:

NOTE TO SELF

"Never again attempt to open a thread about world politics it is not your speciality.So in future when you decide to come on to the forum in between domestic chores,stick to what you know best and go straight on to the Enertainment/chat section"

I don't need to discuss on here anyway.. They is a better thread on this already

Archived