Wordpress for dummies

price

Has anyone used the book "Wordpress for Dummies"? If so I'd value your comments on it ,please. I already have a site uploaded, using Dreamweaver. but it's quite a few years old now and badly needs updating.

I'm told Wordpress is better than Dreamweaver and is "easy, no problem". Hmmm, I've heard that before. Can you help,please?

Its best go find a problem and youtube/google it. Books and Ebooks are quickly out dated. Say you want to edit a theme.. Google: How to edit themes in wordpress.

I find it alot more handy then hunting in out dated books. Plus. Its free :D

Depending on what kind of site you want Wordpress or a similar content management system will make it easier. You get lots of modern features for free & you can set up a website that is easy for you to update.

I've never rated the "for dummies" books & they're likely to be outdated quickly. I agree with spud above, ask Google what you need to know. Read the manual first though! https://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page

Drupal & Joomla are similar content management systems, you might want to look at those too.

Depending on what kind of site you want Wordpress or a similar content management system will make it easier. You get lots of modern features for free & you can set up a website that is easy for you to update.

I've never rated the "for dummies" books & they're likely to be outdated quickly. I agree with spud above, ask Google what you need to know. Read the manual first though! https://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page

Drupal & Joomla are similar content management systems, you might want to look at those too.

I have to point out something that Anywebsite said, With Drupal and Joomla, I wouldn't recommend them. I sometimes have problems with them. I wouldn't advise someone starting out with web/CMS work. The simplest tasks can take an hour or two.

PS Anywebsite. Im going to send you a PM about something we spoke about a while ago. :)

Archived