Thinking about emigrating from UK, but where to?

UK society is very quickly turning more nasty and unsavoury than ever before, there is so much anger, hatred and vilification of the disabled, poor, immigrants etc....divide and rule is gathering more and more momentum and I want out, question is where to? Which country treats its citizens like human beings where I can emigrate to? Denmark, Scandinavia regional countries perhaps, any suggestions?

Well, whichever fence you decide to hop over, you'll find that the grass looks greener on the other side. :hihi:

There are a few things (actually, there are a lot - but here are a few) to think about.

1. What are you going to do for a living?

2. Are you going to need to get back to the UK (to visit people) often?

3. Will your family be able to adapt readily to the foreign country you live in?

4. Are climate or daylight a problem? - If you can't tolerate hot or cold climates, that may limit your choices. If you can't tolerate 24 hours darkness a day for part of the year, that may be a problem, too.

5. Will you (and your family) be able to communicate with the people who live where you're going?

Provided you can sort that lot out you would have few problems moving to another EU country. There are other countries to which you could emigrate - but the rules may be a little more difficult.

One thing I would suggest: 'Try before you buy'. There's a world of difference between visiting a country and living in it.

Well, whichever fence you decide to hop over, you'll find that the grass looks greener on the other side. :hihi:

There are a few things (actually, there are a lot - but here are a few) to think about.

1. What are you going to do for a living?

2. Are you going to need to get back to the UK (to visit people) often?

3. Will your family be able to adapt readily to the foreign country you live in?

4. Are climate or daylight a problem? - If you can't tolerate hot or cold climates, that may limit your choices. If you can't tolerate 24 hours darkness a day for part of the year, that may be a problem, too.

5. Will you (and your family) be able to communicate with the people who live where you're going?

Provided you can sort that lot out you would have few problems moving to another EU country. There are other countries to which you could emigrate - but the rules may be a little more difficult.

One thing I would suggest: 'Try before you buy'. There's a world of difference between visiting a country and living in it.

Hi Rupert both myself & you spoke of this other day, and I admired how you'd done it. The reasons you list; are high on my list of why never went for it, as you say too many people "think grass is greener" :)

Archived