Why do people start new threads without doing a search.

It would be most appreciated if as a early member of the forum you could guide the OP to where the threads are situated. :)
The straight answer to why people often start threads on similar or the same topics is that unless the words in your thread title or in your search are very specific, you won't find anything.

That's why it's safer not to pose these sorts of questions on here. It can be interpreted as being overly critical and modlike. :) IMO!

The straight answer to why people often start threads on similar or the same topics is that unless the words in your thread title or in your search are very specific, you won't find anything.

That's why it's safer not to pose these sorts of questions on here. It can be interpreted as being overly critical and modlike. :) IMO!

I hadn't come across a thread with this topic,otherwise i would not have started the thread,it was a mistake and i apologise to anyone i have offended.I consider myself corrected and i will be more careful before starting a new thread again.

I hadn't come across a thread with this topic,otherwise i would not have started the thread,it was a mistake and i apologise to anyone i have offended.I consider myself corrected and i will be more careful before starting a new thread again.
Just one more thing about SF, it's an internet forum, it's nothing like real life. Never apologise, never explain, they just see it as a sign of weakness, and will fall upon you like a ravening horde!

Unless, you were really badly in the wrong, and then you can apologise and look like you're taking the moral highground. That really foxes them and whilst they're trying to work out what's happening you can make your escape and live to fight another day. :D

Archived