Boris Johnson for PM

Well, it has been on Sky News all day today about with everybody's positive reaction to him and the Olympics, it is really unlike anything that a politician has ever experienced in this country apart from the Labour landslide in 97 and Churchill. So seeing as David Cameron is really only going to be a 1 term PM, they may just be looking at his replacement any time soon and that indeed could involve Boris at the top of the list, he does have good people skills and a lovable nature never found in politicians.

BoJo seems to get it. Spend on the infrastructure. Create the framework for growth. It won't magically happen.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/aug/15/boris-johnson-pm-pussyfooting-london-airport

I'd agree with it in theory. I don't agree where they he wants it (Thames estuary) and I've a feeling if it does get built there will be an awful lot of eastern Europeans doing the graft.

I despise all Tories but that said if I had to pick one to lead the country the only one with any decency appears to me to be David Davies.

I agree. He comes across quite well, I remember when he was running for leadership of the Conservative Party, quite a few commentators and pundits said that he wasn't well liked by his colleagues on the back benches. Not sure why, but he has more credibility that the current incumbent

I agree. He comes across quite well, I remember when he was running for leadership of the Conservative Party, quite a few commentators and pundits said that he wasn't well liked by his colleagues on the back benches. Not sure why, but he has more credibility that the current incumbent

I agree. DD is the kind of Tory I don't mind too much. He's a bit to the right but his heart is on his sleeve. And he's done it the tough way, from being brought up on a council estate to success in business to becoming an effective MP.

I've still got an active bet with Ladbrokes on DD being the next PM. It would be temporary but I wish Cameron would do one so I can collect my winnings.

I'd agree with it in theory. I don't agree where they he wants it (Thames estuary) and I've a feeling if it does get built there will be an awful lot of eastern Europeans doing the graft.

The infrastructure projects have to be the right ones for sure. And I agree about the workers too - these big projects are prime candidates for high quality apprenticeship schemes that can help get British youngsters into work.

The infrastructure projects have to be the right ones for sure. And I agree about the workers too - these big projects are prime candidates for high quality apprenticeship schemes that can help get British youngsters into work.

This is the thing, simple ideas like this (and cheaper ones !) that most people can get on board with are ignored by politicians or mutated beyond all recognition regardless of who does it.

Archived