Holiday destination tips for nervy teenage daughter.

Try Star Travel on division street. Went there with my daughter for her first trip away by herself. They gave a huge number of tips on travel, changing flight times and cards etc. Very reassuring for a parent. You can always book with someone else and just take the great advice. But we booked with them and my daughter is still away and every tip has proven useful.

May I suggest Malta? They love the British (hurray!), it is very widely spoken and the weather is hot. Perhaps she needs a few more pennies though, unless she goes in early September, assuming she's not at school.

Also, all inclusive may not be the wisest option. Unlimited alcohol? Teenager away from m&d for first time?!

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone i will definately pass these on. She's old enough to drink Bluegirl and fortunately for me shes pretty level headed therefore hopefully I shouldn't need to worry however I will still be expecting my regular check ins from her.

I'd book accommodation direct with a small family-run hotel because it will be more personal than some huge white corporate hotel. Hoteliers will arrange airport pickup.

Greek Hotel.com is a good guide to Greece's islands and family hotels. The islands vary a lot in character appeal - some are known for being popular with embarassing drunken Brits, others far more unspoilt.

Alternatively, take a gamble and see what last minute package deals are around.

Archived