Supermarket labelling: Why are 'cooking' instructions, 'ingredients SMALL!

I'm afraid I don't have 20/20 vision like I used to in my youth. As you get older your eyesight lets you down somewhat. I know ingredients are compulsorily printed on packaging, but whats the point if it's flippin microscopic?

Point in case. I bought some chinese style chicken legs tonight. Yep I know what's in them, but the cooking instuctions (not that I wholely need them!) are so microscopic that they're virtually unreadable. At least I can't read them without some serious 'bins' to help.

I just wonder how some folk, who may be intolerant to certain ingredients manage? Quite frankly, some of them are not readable without a magnifying glass or some other serious kind of aid. To some people the difference might have catastrophic consequences. Even life threatening!

I think there should be a minimum font size for ingredients, cooking instuctions and any other relevant information!

I'm afraid I don't have 20/20 vision like I used to in my youth. As you get older your eyesight lets you down somewhat. I know ingredients are compulsorily printed on packaging, but whats the point if it's flippin microscopic?

Point in case. I bought some chinese style chicken legs tonight. Yep I know what's in them, but the cooking instuctions (not that I wholely need them!) are so microscopic that they're virtually unreadable. At least I can't read them without some serious 'bins' to help.

I just wonder how some folk, who may be intolerant to certain ingredients manage? Quite frankly, some of them are not readable without a magnifying glass or some other serious kind of aid. To some people the difference might have catastrophic consequences. Even life threatening!

I think there should be a minimum font size for ingredients, cooking instuctions and any other relevant information!

I agree,I have to put my reading glasses on to read the packaging then i sit down later and forget where i have left them,so have to get up and search around,life can be so hard sometimes.:hihi:

Do you buy ground beef?

'87% lean'.

Or 13% of what you're paying money for is fat.

I'm a diabetic and although I can eat anything - there's always a 'payback'.

It really bugs me when I pick up an item in the supermarket and find that it is loaded with (totally unnecessary) sugars or fats.

Which is why I tend to cook 'from scratch'.

Archived