Police and the internet

Twitter.

Facebook

Sheffield forum

Does anyone else think they should concentrate on policing rather than wasting valuable time posting live feeds via twitter about what they are up to?

I mean, only the curtain twitchers and saddos really care enough to read these inane feeds whilst the rest of us just want an effective, VISIBLE police force.

SYP, get of your backsides and makes our streets safer.

Its your job!!! :rant:

Why?

It seems if trolling is going to made illegal then you would have more to fear than most.

Now, on topic or go somewhere else please.

it was on topic? :suspect:

it was about the police and the internet .........or did i miss something with your title?

Surely it can be very helpful to inform the public about certain investigations and situations to prevent speculation and help with enquiries? In those instances then using local web media is a lot faster and less sapping of budgets and officers' time than organising press conferences.

Are the internet feeds posted by police or civilian staff?

I haven't seen them but i would imagine they are posted by civilian staff or people employed for public relation purposes.

A lot of us complain that they aren't doing enough, but how are we to know what they do if it wasn't for the various forms of media, and the internet plays a major roll in informing the masses now.

Surely it can be very helpful to inform the public about certain investigations and situations to prevent speculation and help with enquiries? In those instances then using local web media is a lot faster and less sapping of budgets and officers' time than organising press conferences.

That dosent really explain why they need to use twitter.

To be fair it is probably a civilian staff in their PR department posting on Facebook/Twitter/SF.

Are the internet feeds posted by police or civilian staff?

I haven't seen them but i would imagine they are posted by civilian staff or people employed for public relation purposes.

A lot of us complain that they aren't doing enough, but how are we to know what they do if it wasn't for the various forms of media, and the internet plays a major roll in informing the masses now.

Civilian staff who need paying.

Sack them and employ more bobbies.

Archived