Police and the internet

It's been going on on the telephone, Internet etc for years, who is talking to who, what they are saying etc; it's a wealth of information. Wars are won on information.

Wish the war on the streets could be but sadly it isn't because most people see the word grass as a derogatory term:roll:

Twitter.

Facebook

Sheffield forum

Does anyone else think they should concentrate on policing rather than wasting valuable time posting live feeds via twitter about what they are up to?

I mean, only the curtain twitchers and saddos really care enough to read these inane feeds whilst the rest of us just want an effective, VISIBLE police force.

SYP, get of your backsides and makes our streets safer.

Its your job!!! :rant:

No, I disagree.

I think that employing a civilian to communicate force activities is part of being a visible police force. Visible doesn't mean I need to see a police officer out of my front window, it just means I need to know that they're doing things.

You didn't think that individual officers were taking time out to tweat instead of policing did you? Although I suppose the community teams might do, as keeping in touch with their community, however they do it is part of their job.

That dosent really explain why they need to use twitter.

Why wouldn't they use it? Seems like the easiest, quickest and most popular way to reach a large audience quickly - and totally free to use too.

It would be pretty silly of them not to use it.

The last goverment introduced these stupid laws and if some one reports something to the Police, they have to investigate. Not their fault.

Always be weirdo's out there ready to put the boot in, don't use these sites if you can't take the stick. Stick and stones etc

Twitter.

Facebook

Sheffield forum

Does anyone else think they should concentrate on policing rather than wasting valuable time posting live feeds via twitter about what they are up to?

I mean, only the curtain twitchers and saddos really care enough to read these inane feeds whilst the rest of us just want an effective, VISIBLE police force.

SYP, get of your backsides and makes our streets safer.

Its your job!!! :rant:

People should be allowed to post what they want, when they want.

Archived