Police and the internet

No, I disagree.

I think that employing a civilian to communicate force activities is part of being a visible police force. Visible doesn't mean I need to see a police officer out of my front window, it just means I need to know that they're doing things.

You didn't think that individual officers were taking time out to tweat instead of policing did you? Although I suppose the community teams might do, as keeping in touch with their community, however they do it is part of their job.

No i didnt. My argument is why pay anyone to tweat at all?

We want coppers on streets not civis on the internet.

Twitter.

Facebook

Sheffield forum

Does anyone else think they should concentrate on policing rather than wasting valuable time posting live feeds via twitter about what they are up to?

I mean, only the curtain twitchers and saddos really care enough to read these inane feeds whilst the rest of us just want an effective, VISIBLE police force.

SYP, get of your backsides and makes our streets safer.

Its your job!!! :rant:

Why not ask them yourself ……..

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/member.php?u=121346

KO SNA is the local police team for Ecclesfield, Chapeltown, High Green, Grenoside, Fox Hill, Parsons Cross, Southey Green, Longley and Shirecliffe

Please contact us via email ecclesfieldsna@southyorks.pnn.police.uk

Twitter.

Facebook

Sheffield forum

Does anyone else think they should concentrate on policing rather than wasting valuable time posting live feeds via twitter about what they are up to?

I mean, only the curtain twitchers and saddos really care enough to read these inane feeds whilst the rest of us just want an effective, VISIBLE police force.

SYP, get of your backsides and makes our streets safer.

Its your job!!! :rant:

I guess you've gone through a lot of twitter and FB enough to make the call that a lack of visibility by the police is due to them being on their backsides twittering. You're using all the tools inc SF to put your argument across. How can they have a street presence if you're on the comp all day behind the curtains.

Being a non user of FB and twitter you wont have a prob with me labeling you a "saddo"?

Exactly..In the same way we are being informed by SK. She should be out on the street making herself visible by carrying the torch.:hihi:

Id love to be out on the streets but unfortunately we dont have enough bobbies to keep them safe.

We have plenty of police staff posting on here, fb and twitter though.

You would guess wrong ;)

Then how do you come to your conclusions?

Id love to be out on the streets but unfortunately we dont have enough bobbies to keep them safe.

Do we? Tell me..am I a copper?

The lack of police on the streets is due to a lack of funding by the government, nothing to do with Twitter or Facebook.

Archived