Police and the internet

The lack of police on the streets is due to a lack of funding by the government, nothing to do with Twitter or Facebook.

Divert the funding from the people who post on twitter.

Use that money to employ real coppers.

Streets are safer, i complain less but thats a small price to pay.

Id love to be out on the streets but unfortunately we dont have enough bobbies to keep them safe.

We have plenty of police staff posting on here, fb and twitter though.

if you are too scared to go outside that's your problem, and if your not on the streets how do you know the bobbies aren't on the beat ?

i have especially in the last couple of months seen more police doing the beat than i have in the last 10 years, i think it has actually improved.

i walk around the Sheffield streets everyday in different area's, i currently live just around the corner from manor top and have no problems walking around the manor/arbourthorne area at any time, your own fear controls you and leave's you stuck inside your own house.

stop reading the papers and what people put on here and maybe you will get somewhere.

Really?

Have you any idea why im scared to go out on the streets alone?

I bet it was my fault i was attacked, wasnt it.

so you was attacked once and you are going to let that control how you live the rest of your life ?

if you fall off a bike you get up and get back on ....

It allows them to tick the boxes that require them to being in communication with their public.

Is it worthwhile? ... I really doubt it.

But then look at the latest hype trying to suggest that there is something wrong with you if you don't have a Facebook account.

Divert the funding from the people who post on twitter.

Use that money to employ real coppers.

Streets are safer, i complain less but thats a small price to pay.

Take the £16k salary of the admin employee and you couldn't even employ one full time community support officer. Wouldn't make any difference at all. Plus, you would lose, what some people see as a valuable communication platform.

Let it?

You know some of you people have a strange way of looking at things.

no you are the one who has a strange way of looking at things, you cannot change the past only the future and you choose how to live your life, and your choice is to be scared of the world and sit inside worrying about things that you cannot change and this stops you from living the rest of your life how you want to.

But then look at the latest hype trying to suggest that there is something wrong with you if you don't have a Facebook account.

Really? It'd sadden me to hear that but it doesnt surprise me in the slightest - the scarest thing it seems to people is someone who lives on their own and never bothers anyone.. Do you have a link or similar to the story?

TIA

Archived