Police and the internet

no you are the one who has a strange way of looking at things, you cannot change the past only the future and you choose how to live your life, and your choice is to be scared of the world and sit inside worrying about things that you cannot change and this stops you from living the rest of your life how you want to.

Thats just wrong.

On every single possible level thats plain wrong!

Thats just wrong.

On every single possible level thats plain wrong!

So did the police get him/her/them ? Would you have reasonably expected a plod the wandering past the scene of the crime ?

Reason I ask is they can't be everywhere all the time, unless we live in a police state. Civvies also man cctv, would that have helped ? The po-po only really investigate crimes, I'm unsure how much they prevent.

I've said this twice now and you seem to be ignoring it.

The police use a lot of volunteers to man reception desks and do low level actions on behalf of the police.

How do you know that the volunteers are not entering the information?

I havent ignored you, i just missed your post.

If its volunteers then thats ok.

But it isnt. Its paid staff.

No i didnt. My argument is why pay anyone to tweat at all?

We want coppers on streets not civis on the internet.

I think you mean "I want", you don't appear to be speaking for anyone else.

I'm quite happy that someone in a civilian role is paid to communicate with the public and that one of the means of communication is tweeting (note I don't use twitter myself). This will be as part of a comprehensive communication strategy including other mediums I hope.

Archived