Decided to get me an Avatar

I like to look at other forumers Avatars & always wonder what made them choose that particular one. Some are very funny, I think some must be pictures of pets, some perhaps pictures of themselves. Perhaps pictures of someone or something they would like to look like!

My Avatar is Winter the Dolphin. She lives at Clearwater Beach Aquarium. You may remember there was recently a film made about her. She was found as a baby caught up in a crab net. Her tail had to be removed & the clever people at the Aquarium developed a silicone tail for her so she could swim properly again. I have had the priviledge of seeing this little dolphin interact with disabled children & war veterens. She is amazing. A true inspiration. It's almost as if she recognises their disability & says 'Hey..me too..but look what I can do!' When the prosthetics come off & she's in the water with them she is so gentle, so reassuring. I could watch her all day.

So, what's the story behind your Avatar?

Archived