Who knows Harry Jackson, abbeylane street

hallo ,

I am searching for my Mother, who `s a daughter from Harry Jackson in Netherlands(1917), He went back to Sheffield after his first wife died.

She had contact with him afterwards. but he died and we have lost contact with this family.

I want to know who was his secund wife(a emily Taylor.?)and his children.

Eric( he died), Nancy and Ronald -leonald(he was sick?)

Harry had two Antique and store.old furniture shop`s in Sheffield.

And there was also a Majorie. she must be an family member . she was a model.a beautiful lady! I have a picture from her.

Eric.had also children.: Brenda. where is she? and David must be in Sheffield.

anyone knows something about them????

I seem to remember Harry Jackson's shop on London Road from my schooldays in the 1960s, though I don't think I ever went in. The business at 308/310 London Road is listed in the 1968 directory that I have, but the property was either empty or demolished by 1972 (when my 1973 directory was compiled). The shop at 223 Abbeydale Road is still listed in the 1973 directory.

The deaths index confirms that a Harry Jackson, born 10 April 1917, died in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1974. I was unable to find a local marriage record for a Harry Jackson and Emily Taylor, nor can I find an Eric, Nancy or Ronald Jackson born locally with the mother's maiden name given as Taylor.

Tjawienna - I have sent you an email via the Forum with my email address, and will be pleased to help further if there is anything I can discover from birth, marriage and death indexes, or electoral rolls..:)

Hi Tjawienna - I didn't receive your email. Perhaps you could try again to the AOL address I gave; I have also sent this to you by Private Message.

I didn't quite understand where the date of 1917 fitted into your first post; now I see that this is when your mother was born. The births index shows that a Harry Jackson was born in Sheffield in Jan-Mar 1896. The only post-1917 Sheffield marriage entry for a Harry Jackson to a Taylor that I can find is one of 1923 to Ivy Taylor. Of the children of Harry's second marriage that you mention, assuming they were born in Sheffield only Ronald is a possibility from the index (born 1929, mother's maiden name Taylor).

Anyway, if you email me all the data you have I'll be pleased to see what I can do!

• 9 months later...

it is a long time ago... but I have found the Harry Jackson family.

He `s from a Jackson family on the ASHLEY road. and came from a big family.

(Dora,Winnifred,Florence,Elsie,Arthur .possible a Marjorie

Harry has been to Holland 1915-1918,he was a navy-soldier.

I trie to find anyone from that family. maybe there is some left from Harry.

they are making a book over the English soldiers who were in Groningen (Netherlands).

there are some photo`s and some stories from my mother.(his daughter)

this will be in the book.

I hope somebody read this !

:help:

Archived