The atheist's worst nightmare!

Looking into it abit more, I think I would class myself as agnosticism which seems to kind of fit in what I think. Thanks

Looking into it a bit more, you might actually find you are an atheist.

If you cannot answer yes to the question "do you believe in god?" then you are an atheist.

You might also be an agnostic, which applies to knowledge.

I'm an agnostic atheist.

Looking into it a bit more, you might actually find you are an atheist.

If you cannot answer yes to the question "do you believe in god?" then you are an atheist.

You might also be an agnostic, which applies to knowledge.

I'm an agnostic atheist.

Well it's true if I answer no to the question Do I believe in god would make me an atheist but if I answer " I don't know" then reading what I'm reading would suggest I'm just agnosticism as agnosticism it says is the view that we don't currently possess the knowledge or reason to provide sufficient grounds to justify the belief that deities either do or do not exist.

Well it's true if I answer no to the question .. Do I believe in god would make me an atheist but if I answer " I don't know" then reading what I'm reading would suggest I'm just agnosticism as agnosticism it says is the view that we don't currently possess the knowledge or reason to provide sufficient grounds to justify the belief that deities either do or do not exist.

It's true if you simply don't answer "yes" to the question. That is all that is required to be an atheist.

http://www.atheistnexus.org/profiles/blogs/you-are-agnostic

One of the commonly misunderstood positions on the proposition of the existence of a god is agnosticism. It is often incorrectly perceived that agnosticism is somewhere in between atheism and theism and that it amounts to undecided or is some less dogmatic version of atheism.

The fact is that there are no other possible positions with regards to belief in a god than theism or atheism. You either have belief or you lack belief. Being uncertain is not having belief. Furthermore, theism is a position of belief while gnosticism is a position of knowledge. So, what is the difference between belief and knowledge?

Belief: the psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true

Knowledge: justified true belief

Truth: a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, or principle; conformity with fact or reality

It's true if you simply don't answer "yes" to the question. That is all that is required to be an atheist.

http://www.atheistnexus.org/profiles/blogs/you-are-agnostic

But what you put there backs up what I say, doesnt it?? I am going on knowledge rather than belief.. In other words Im saying I don't know if they is or isn't a God, I'm just saying it's unproven.. Soz for editing

But what you put there backs up what I say, doesnt it?? I am going on knowledge rather than belief.. In other words I'm saying they is or isn't a God, I'm just saying it's unproven

I would argue that everybody lacks knowledge, that everybody is agnostic, whatever they might claim.

Irrespective of knowledge, you should know your own psychological state in which you hold a proposition or premise to be true.

You have stated that you don't believe in the big bang, fine, you know that you lack belief whilst not knowing for certain. It's quite simple.

So can you answer "yes" to the question "do you believe in god?" If you cannot then you are an agnostic atheist like me ... which is a nice rational place to be imho.

:)

I would argue that everybody lacks knowledge, that everybody is agnostic, whatever they might claim.

Irrespective of knowledge, you should know your own psychological state in which you hold a proposition or premise to be true.

You have stated that you don't believe in the big bang, fine, you know that you lack belief whilst not knowing for certain. It's quite simple.

So can you answer "yes" to the question "do you believe in god?" If you cannot then you are an agnostic atheist like me ... which is a nice rational place to be imho.

Agnostics are athiests (and doubtful theists), it isn't an alternative. You're athiest if you don't believe in any deities. You're agnostic if you realise you can't prove the existence or non-existence of a god. Theists may lack knowledge, but they have faith in their god(s), you can't describe somebody with a complete belief in their god as agnostic, just like some athiests deny any possibility of there being a god. You can argue that people's beliefs are wrong, but you can't argue that nobody really believes there is or isn't a god.

But they is no such thing as an agnostic atheist.. An atheist is a belief that god Doesn't exist so that is a belief.. Now agnostic is going on knowledge, which says your unsure as they is no proof that God does or doesn't exist, it's not a belief so you can not be both

Archived