Car motor auction

Ernie who owned it went to live in Spain if my memory serves me right in the mid 70s.After a night out with Ernie and his partner my partner at that time and another couple who was out with us we went back to Ernie's LARGE bungalow which had a full size white grand piano sitting in a corner I asked Ernie to give us a tune his reply was no one in the household can play the FU*KING thing so I asked him why he had got it his reply was it fills that corner of the room NUF SAID that was ERNIE.

Be careful what you wish for. I bought my first car there, it got me as far as the Wicker before the gearbox dropped out of it. They didn't want to know me after that.

Yes; nearly bought an MG TC from there in the early '60s. Wish that I had done and still had it now! We can all say that though can't we?

can anyone remember Buloos car auction on Mansfield road intake

Hi raymondo,yes i can remember Booles, intake motor auctions and i can remember an austin princess limousine being sold there that used to belong to Ken Dod and it still had his initials on the doors,this was in the mid sixtys and i still have a Britool socket set that i bought there -I used to love that place and rarely missed an auction day ,I had some good deals there and met some great characters,,good days:thumbsup:

can anyone remember Buloos car auction on Mansfield road intake

I 'sold' a car there in 1971. It was a 1959 Chevrolet Impala. When I went to collect the money on the following Monday Old Ernie dressed in his sheepskin jacket informed me that he was having trouble getting the cash from the buyer and I was to come back tomorrow. This I did, and on several more occasions but to no avail. Then a friend of mine told me he had seen my car hidden round the back with a 'for sale' sign on it. After a great deal of hassle Ernie reluctantly gave me my keys back and I repossessed my car. I then sold it myself to a chap from Chesterfield. Good old Ernie!! Ahh Happy Days

Bought several cars there in the 60's, used to buy one, run it until it dropped then buy another etc.

I once had a Ford Pop which cost £12 from there and I used to have to leave it parked on a hill to "bump start" it in a morning to get to work, daren't show myself up by using the starting handle which came with it!

Archived