Lads offering to strim my garden: Enterprising or intimidating?

Yes I agree. Or if a couple of them had a rake, and some black bin liners perhaps.

I honestly can't 'knock' them for trying, but maybe they were just going about it wrongly and not thought about it first!

But you are doing.

Thats exactly what your doing :rolleyes:

But you are doing.

Thats exactly what your doing :rolleyes:

No it's not: Try reading the post and comprehending it!

Where in my post have I tried to 'knock' the youth, or put them down?

I suspect you're trolling and just looking to start a disagreement!

Intimidating?

Pah, you people are just looking for a reason to give the youth a hard time.

Back in the day we used to knock door to door all the time, doing odd jobs and the like.

People either wanted work doing or not.

To think weve now come to this.

A few lads want to earn some money and someone feels "threatened" enough to make a post on the internet.

Get a grip, get a life, give the kids a break.

I agree, its probably an idea they have come up with to make a few bob, and they have borrowed one on the parents strimmer. I can remember doing similar things - they should try car washing as well. :hihi:

Intimidating?

Pah, you people are just looking for a reason to give the youth a hard time.

Back in the day we used to knock door to door all the time, doing odd jobs and the like.

People either wanted work doing or not.

To think weve now come to this.

A few lads want to earn some money and someone feels "threatened" enough to make a post on the internet.

Get a grip, get a life, give the kids a break.

The lads need to learn how presenting ones self better will earn them more money. Remember Pete lives on t' Cross, and 5 youths in a group round those parts will generally be high on Mcat and tooled up. Throw petrol and a strimmer into the equation and the possibilities dont bear thinking about.

The lads need to learn how presenting ones self better will earn them more money. Remember Pete lives on t' Cross, and 5 youths in a group round those parts will generally be high on Mcat and tooled up. Throw petrol and a strimmer into the equation and the possibilities dont bear thinking about.

carrying petrol around, doesn't sound like a good idea up there, I must admit. :roll:

I agree, its probably an idea they have come up with to make a few bob, and they have borrowed one on the parents strimmer. I can remember doing similar things - they should try car washing as well. :hihi:

Just as long as they dont offer to wash the ops car.

I can see the thread now.

"5 Chavs want to wash my car, do they really want to kill me?"

:hihi:

Then dont.

Archived