Lads offering to strim my garden: Enterprising or intimidating?

I was just leaving my house yesterday to nip to the shops. A group of 5 lads (around 14 to 15 years of age) were passing by with a petrol strimmer, and a can of petrol. They asked if I wanted my garden strimmed (didn't say how much). I politely declined, as it didn't need doing.

Afterwards, I couldn't make my mind up if it was good that a bunch of lads were trying to make a few quid doing some work (getting off their backsides and actually doing something constructive), or if it was slightly intimidating, with there being 5 of them!

I can remember knocking on doors when I was a kid, with a shovel in the snow asking if people wanted their paths cleared!

What do you think?

private enterprise is good for kids makes them realise they can make a honest living without stealing dealing drugs etc,next time they come round just do a bit of bartering with them agree a price pay when you are satisfied with the job.give the kids a chance.

I got it was a joke.

Hence my over the top and quite dramatic response.

I got you took it as a joke but after me only being a member on this forum for only a few days, I noticed other people can quickly take offense

If an injury had happened to them on your property under your employ there is possibility that you could be sued, and everyone that's been criticising you for being mean and unaccommodating would disappear faster that you could say............Jack Robinson!

Ignore him, 5 years from now when they're homeless and unemployed he'll be fighting their corner.

i know....kids just been round wanting to trim my hedge...asked them to produce health and safety certificate, waste carriers licence and company's house certificate.

they obliged and did a super job, just shows you can never judge a book by its cover....

I got you took it as a joke but after me only being a member on this forum for only a few days, I noticed other people can quickly take offense

Tell me about it mate.

Touchie dosent even come close to describing some of the "charcters" on here.

You just wait till they start banging the report button cos youve said something to really upset the precious little dears.

Free holiday care of SF :hihi:

If an injury had happened to them on your property under your employ there is possibility that you could be sued, and everyone that's been criticising you for being mean and unaccommodating would disappear faster that you could say............Jack Robinson!

I don't think anyone said that though, they really only questioned the 'intimidation.'

Archived