Lads offering to strim my garden: Enterprising or intimidating?

private enterprise is good for kids makes them realise they can make a honest living without stealing dealing drugs etc,next time they come round just do a bit of bartering with them agree a price pay when you are satisfied with the job.give the kids a chance.

Had my garden needed doing I probably would have given them a go, and maybe even lent them a rake and some bin liners! Or at the very least questioned them further. How much, what will they do with the clippings etc......It was only later that it occured to me that it 'may' have been intimidating to 'some' people, especially the old folk around our way.

If an injury had happened to them on your property under your employ there is possibility that you could be sued, and everyone that's been criticising you for being mean and unaccommodating would disappear faster that you could say............Jack Robinson!

:hihi::hihi:

What time of day was it, if under 16 they could have been breaking employment laws.

Were they registered with HMRC?

Etc. etc.

come on they are just kids trying to make a few bob. good luck to them,i wish we had some lads like them at stocksbridge .

Had my garden needed doing I probably would have given them a go, and maybe even lent them a rake and some bin liners! Or at the very least questioned them further. How much, what will they do with the clippings etc......It was only later that it occured to me that it 'may' have been intimidating to 'some' people, especially the old folk around our way.

This your last throw at the dice then is it?:hihi:

If only you'd have said that in your opening post eh :hihi:

If only you'd have said that in your opening post eh :hihi:

What difference does it make?......My opening post didn't say 'I' was intimidated, and I made clear reference to them "getting up off their backsides"...which I thought was laudable.

It's all the pedants (mentioning no names) who find a need to drill down to every detail, and pick up upon the most innocent of remarks.

Archived