Lads offering to strim my garden: Enterprising or intimidating?

No mate. Im just strange full stop :D

I guess that's two of us (at least) then! :hihi:

Back on topic:

I know in a world where health and safety has gone nuts, it's a ridiculous minefield. But supposing I had agreed to the lads strimming my garden. Would I have been liable (in law) had they injured themselves doing it?

You hear all sorts of horror stories about fete's being cancelled because they can't get public liability insurance, school sports days cancelled because it's dangerous. No moms and dads participation in school sports days because they might injur themselves....etc.....

Yes it's a world gone mad ... until you're on the wrong end of a claim!

The fact is some people will find this sort of approach intimidating, some wont. My GF was upset when 2 ruddy faced gypsies knocked on her door and offered to trim her bush for a fiver. I was all for it as I didnt fancy tackling it myself.

The last time we discused bush trimming quite a few posts were removed dont know why.

Possibly because it's a bit 'off topic'? In this case anyway.

The thread's to do with jobs around the garden :confused: Which reminds me, once I finally got around to trimming the girlfriends bush back I discovered a large hole which I promised to fill in before the milkman stuck his foot in it and sued me.

who cares...not the lads...send them round...i need my hedge trimming...where was this...

used to do the windows back in the day...only window cleaners that knocked off when the boozer opened...happy days...

It was sarcasm.

They will be breaking the law though! I recall working night shifts when I were 16, and that was illegal, often fell asleep in college :hihi:

Archived