Taxpayers pay for 2 MPs to learn Hebrew and Mandarin

Now if these MPs are going to need this language for their work then fair enough, that isn't a problem. What I find disgusting is that Jeremy Hunt got over £3000 worth of language lessons after marrying his Chinese wife. Nick Boles who was saying pensioners should lose benefits has had free Hebrew lessons from last May after his civil partnership, then he has the gall to say "it's something I am entitled to do, I've done it and thats that", what arrogance. Boles earns £2000 a month from a second job and Hunt is a multi millionaire. There are another 7 MPs who also benefitted from lessons, the lessons are supposed to be to help them do their job not improve their love life.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nick-boles-conservative-mp-learning-1238155

While it does appear wrong, perhaps we should abolish the perk of "'Language instruction" - after all he's used his perk that he's entitled to.

The DM article claims that nine MPs used it. Considering the attack has only been on two Tories, should we assume that the other 7 were not?

Archived