Nuisance Cats making a mess!

I am having a similar problem. There are a couple of things you can do. First the Cat Repellent someone else has mentioned; this is the one with the yellow cap. It smells like pepper. It is quite good but rain will wash away its strength so you will have to apply it again. Then there is Cat-a-pult spray from Bayer. This doesn't have a smell like that pepper pellets. I have sprayed it on soil, fences, and on lawn. But again, rain will wash it away. I also use a Rentokill Cat & Dog Repeller. It needs batteries and uses ultrasonic sound to keep away animals. You can get any of them from either B&Q or Homebase.

I also have a small patch in front of the house where I have some roses. I have put chicken wire mesh on top of the soil so cats can't dig. So far this combination has worked for me.

If you have an overgrown lawn, then the cats will foul. Have the lawn mowed. If you see mess on your door mat, most probably it is a fox rather than a cat.

Archived