How much to carpet a room?

Hi the room in question is 5m by 3.5m. Don't want to spend a lot. But hoping I can get it done rather cheaply. Just something to make the room look better. Hoping to spend about £150. Does anyone know where I can get it from cheap?

Not sure on the size of the room, but my hubbys cousin got a lilac decent quality carpet for his daughters room a couple of weeks ago, from the carpet shop on Newfield Green. Its lilac coloured, and went into an average sized double room, he got it supplied and fitted for £110

http://www.carpetright.co.uk/price-below-15-carpets.html

Carpet from £3/sqrM

You have 17.5sqrM to carpet, so that would just over £50 plus a charge for fitting.

You can probably get a better quality and a decent underlay and still be within your budget.

Probably one of the places to avoid. They have ways of ensuring you dont actually get to buy the carpet at £3psqm..like saying its only available at that price if you buy their hideously overpriced underlay and use their overpriced fitters.

Probably one of the places to avoid. They have ways of ensuring you dont actually get to buy the carpet at £3psqm..like saying its only available at that price if you buy their hideously overpriced underlay and use their overpriced fitters.

Your right, its ok just buying a roll end from them but the big companies make their money on the underlay, door bars etc. A small firm usually gives better value for the overall package.

Remember that you are responsible for removing, and if necessary, trimming the bottoms of doors.

I wasn't suggesting she actually shop there, I was just demonstrating what sort of price carpet is available from.

Archived