What is Atheism?

What is athism?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is athism?

• The lack of a belief in God
    • The belief that there is no God
    • What's the difference between 1 & 2?
    • Other (please post below)

If your not searching then why your you on this thread, i would consider that you have been heavily involved in this topic

This thread is about the definition of "atheism".

You know that, right? I mean, you read the title and OP before joining didn't you?

I don't think anyone expects to find God in this thread.

This thread is about the definition of "atheism".

You know that, right? I mean, you read the title and OP before joining didn't you?

I don't think anyone expects to find God in this thread.

Of course you are through agnosticism, you don't need to find what the answer is to the existence of the universe, that is why I reject agnosticism and atheistism

I don't,

"To lack something is not to have it."

"the state of being without"

"be without or deficient in"

...suits me fine :)

My wife lacks testicles, but it seems that llamatron thinks that this might be a problem.

I'll stick with our understanding of the word, at least it will save her an unnecessary trip to the doctor about it?

:hihi:

Of course you are through agnosticism, you don't need to find what the answer is to the existence of the universe, that is why I reject agnosticism and atheistism

Okay, because you seem to be so confused (or at least, unable to convey what you mean clearly in well-constructed sentences) I will use existing dictionary definitions.

Atheist- a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods

That's me, I have no belief in God or gods. I lack the belief.

Agnostic- a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.

That's me also, I don't see how anyone can know anything for sure about any gods.

Apatheist- Someone who doesn't care whether God exists or not and realizes that such a fact won't effect their life anyway

Also me, it doesn't matter to me if any gods DO exist.

Now, how do any of those things mean that I am "searching for God" ?

Okay, because you seem to be so confused (or at least, unable to convey what you mean clearly in well-constructed sentences) I will use existing dictionary definitions.

Atheist- a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods

That's me, I have no belief in God or gods. I lack the belief.

Agnostic- a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.

That's me also, I don't see how anyone can know anything for sure about any gods.

Apatheist- Someone who doesn't care whether God exists or not and realizes that such a fact won't effect their life anyway

Also me, it doesn't matter to me if any gods DO exist.

Now, how do any of those things mean that I am "searching for God" ?

I thought you said you was not interested in god though you are the one confused, you just don't know it, I have woken up

Archived