What is athism?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is athism?

• The lack of a belief in God
    • The belief that there is no God
    • What's the difference between 1 & 2?
    • Other (please post below)

That is an answer.. You are debating whether god exists or not

No I'm not, I just don't have a belief in God.

Your missing the point.. Just because theists have a term, it doesn't mean that you need a term if you don't believe in god

No you don't, but one exists anyway, it's "atheist".

This doesn't mean you in general, im talking about "leaders " ..they are forcing you to be either theist or atheist. Now they say you have to be one or the other when you dont.. This is why I rather be a freethinker than atheist in denial

This doesn't mean you in general, im talking about "leaders " ..they are forcing you to be either theist or atheist. Now they say you have to be one or the other when you dont.. This is why I rather be a freethinker than atheist in denial

Nobody is forcing me to be anything. Which "leaders" are you talking about?

It's also very simple, you either do have a belief or you don't. The outcome of this does not prevent you from being a free thinker. If you are an atheist (by the most commonly accepted definition) it does not mean that you can't wonder about the existence of gods, it doesn't mean that you think there is no God or gods. It's just a status of whether you currently believe or not. There's no big control conspiracy.

Nobody is forcing me to be anything. Which "leaders" are you talking about?

It's also very simple, you either do have a belief or you don't. The outcome of this does not prevent you from being a free thinker. If you are an atheist (by the most commonly accepted definition) it does not mean that you can't wonder about the existence of gods, it doesn't mean that you think there is no God or gods. It's just a status of whether you currently believe or not. There's no big control conspiracy.

Then why are you trying to force me to be either atheist or theist. ??

Then why are you trying to force me to be either atheist or theist. ??

I'm not. I'm trying to get you to explain all the things you said about me.

You're an atheist by not having a belief in God, you're the only one making yourself an atheist. If you don't like it, then believe in God and be a theist.

I'm not. I'm trying to get you to explain all the things you said about me.

You're an atheist by not having a belief in God, you're the only one making yourself an atheist. If you don't like it, then believe in God and be a theist.

I don't want to be a theist because I don't need an answer

Archived