What is Atheism?

What is athism?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is athism?

• The lack of a belief in God
    • The belief that there is no God
    • What's the difference between 1 & 2?
    • Other (please post below)

Rootsy' date=' have you noticed that everybody else has dropped out? You're being trolled ... by Grahame.[/quote']

I saw the Grahame comments earlier. I'm not convinced, the last time Grahame reappeared as Agbus, the post contents and spelling styles were identical.

Although, Drone hasn't denied anything yet.

Still, I don't believe Grahame could keep up such a charade (the spelling/grammar mistakes and inability to string a coherent sentence together) long enough before his agenda got the better of him and he started frothing.

I saw the Grahame comments earlier. I'm not convinced, the last time Grahame reappeared as Agbus, the post contents and spelling styles were identical.

Although, Drone hasn't denied anything yet.

Still, I don't believe Grahame could keep up such a charade (the spelling/grammar mistakes and inability to string a coherent sentence together) long enough before his agenda got the better of him and he started frothing.

Fair enough ... Hope you're right.

Enjoy yourself!

Just going back to the poll, this link may be of use-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weak_atheism

i.e. option 1 in the poll 'absence of belief in God' would be 'weak atheism', while

option 2 'belief that God does not exist', would be 'strong atheism'

Seems pretty logical. clearly in polls like this, and, in threads discussing religion/atheism, it should now be apparent that there's never going to be a scenario where both sides are going to agree on one meaning only for the term 'atheist', so adopting the above solution should allow such discussions to progress?

Just going back to the poll, this link may be of use-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weak_atheism

i.e. option 1 in the poll 'absence of belief in God' would be 'weak atheism', while

option 2 'belief that God does not exist', would be 'strong atheism'

Seems pretty logical. clearly in polls like this, and, in threads discussing religion/atheism, it should now be apparent that there's never going to be a scenario where both sides are going to agree on one meaning only for the term 'atheist', so adopting the above solution should allow such discussions to progress?

From your link:

"By positive atheism I mean an active struggle against everything that reminds us of God – that is to say, anti-theism rather than atheism"

So basically going along with what I've always said (and many others). Atheism is to be without belief in God.

The recently coined term "positive atheism" is actually anti-theism, which by default, is also without belief in God, therefore atheist and then some. I've always said this in all the relevant threads.

Archived