What is Atheism?

What is athism?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is athism?

• The lack of a belief in God
    • The belief that there is no God
    • What's the difference between 1 & 2?
    • Other (please post below)

Hey how's its going.. Now I have time to explain myself, I will.. ( your saying your not atheist barley but I know from your words that you are ), this is to rootsbooster too as you seem to not be able to grasp why you can't be atheist and agnostic together.. This will be in edit as I'm on playbook and it seems to switch and then I lose what I wrote, then find myself having to write it again.. Ok now you say you are an agnostic atheist, you lack belief in god but are prepared to stay open minded through agnosticism/science which is looking for " evidence" of god, well this is why you can't be both, if you stick with this view then you will never find god. The universe is god, they isn't noone higher than that, if you think one day a few people in a ship are going to one day bump in to god then you will never have answers and this is why atheism is meaningless. It's a deliberate attempt to withhold the truth from you and so to keep everyone in line, the higher leaders are forcing this belief on you, they want you to look for god forever so they can keep on controlling you while they run around killing people, these people want to control the world, they will never stop, they are passed down from son to son and so you will never discover the truth while you stay an ignorant atheist. These higher leaders are American , they go all the way back to George washington, they have deliberately manipulated the term atheism so they can have people looking for answers forever while they stay in the back ground trying to control the world. The only people getting in their way are some leaders from the middle east, they accept god and so the higher leaders are finding it difficult to remove them from power, they want them dead and removed so they can control the people there too. They are doing it right now without you even knowing. They have deliberately coined the word atheist in denial so they can still secretly force the population to mock them as looneys and by doing this they still have some kind of stronghold over them, this is why I reject atheist in denial now and prefer just to term myself truefreethinker. If you stay atheist then you will never discover the truth.. If you want to carry this on, on why you don't have to be atheist by default then let me know.. Though I can only type through pm now ok..

Hey how's its going.. Now I have time to explain myself, I will.. ( your saying your not atheist barley but I know from your words that you are ), this is to rootsbooster too as you seem to not be able to grasp why you can't be atheist and agnostic together.. This will be in edit as I'm on playbook and it seems to switch and then I lose what I wrote, then find myself having to write it again.. Ok now you say you are an agnostic atheist, you lack belief in god but are prepared to stay open minded through agnosticism/science which is looking for " evidence" of god, well this is why you can't be both, if you stick with this view then you will never find god. The universe is god, they isn't noone higher than that, if you think one day a few people in a ship are going to one day bump in to god then you will never have answers and this is why atheism is meaningless. It's a deliberate attempt to withhold the truth from you and so to keep everyone in line, the higher leaders are forcing this belief on you, they want you to look for god forever so they can keep on controlling you while they run around killing people, these people want to control the world, they will never stop, they are passed down from son to son and so you will never discover the truth while you stay an ignorant atheist. These higher leaders are American , they go all the way back to George washington, they have deliberately manipulated the term atheism so they can have people looking for answers forever while they stay in the back ground trying to control the world. The only people getting in their way are some leaders from the middle east, they accept god and so the higher leaders are finding it difficult to remove them from power, they want them dead and removed so they can control the people there too. They are doing it right now without you even knowing. They have deliberately coined the word atheist in denial so they can still secretly force the population to mock them as looneys and by doing this they still have some kind of stronghold over them, this is why I reject atheist in denial now and prefer just to term myself truefreethinker. If you stay atheist then you will never discover the truth.. If you want to carry this on, on why you don't have to be atheist by default then let me know.. Though I can only type through pm now ok..

That is one unreadable block of text- I'd suggest you convert it to paragraphs.

Drone, you have serious inabilities with your grasp of discussion. The main two things being that a)You don't read other people's posts properly b)Your own opinions keep swinging erratically. Please take a few minutes to read each of my responses here and think carefully about them. Several times if necessary.

Okay, because of the huge block of text, with so much meaning so little, I'm going to have to just cut a few bits out and address them...

Ok now you say you are an agnostic atheist, you lack belief in god

correct

but are prepared to stay open minded through agnosticism/science which is looking for " evidence" of god

right, let's deal with this first, I think one of the reasons your opinions are so erratic is that you keep changing the definitions of the words we are discussing. Where do you get this definition of agnosticism from? Did you make it up yourself? I have never heard it described as "looking for evidence of God".

Also, I haven't mentioned anything about science.

I am not looking for God.

well this is why you can't be both, if you stick with this view then you will never find god.

next, even if your version of the definition of agnosticism was correct, it still doesn't conflict with atheism. Somebody who doesn't believe, can look for evidence, it doesn't contradict their lack of belief.

The universe is god, they isn't noone higher than that

How do you know this? Where do you get the knowledge/info from?

if you think one day a few people in a ship are going to one day bump in to god then you will never have answers and this is why atheism is meaningless.

I don't want answers, really.

And you're still stuck on this idea that atheism is some kind of "answer" :huh:

It's a deliberate attempt to withhold the truth from you and so to keep everyone in line, the higher leaders are forcing this belief on you, they want you to look for god forever so they can keep on controlling you while they run around killing people, these people want to control the world, they will never stop, they are passed down from son to son and so you will never discover the truth while you stay an ignorant atheist. These higher leaders are American , they go all the way back to George washington, they have deliberately manipulated the term atheism so they can have people looking for answers forever while they stay in the back ground trying to control the world. The only people getting in their way are some leaders from the middle east, they accept god and so the higher leaders are finding it difficult to remove them from power, they want them dead and removed so they can control the people there too. They are doing it right now without you even knowing. They have deliberately coined the word atheist in denial so they can still secretly force the population to mock them as looneys and by doing this they still have some kind of stronghold over them, this is why I reject atheist in denial now and prefer just to term myself truefreethinker. If you stay atheist then you will never discover the truth.. If you want to carry this on, on why you don't have to be atheist by default then let me know.. Though I can only type through pm now ok..

Oooookay, well, I hope you have fun in your new life as a conspiracy fan. I take it that I'm just one of the "sheeple" ?

Atheism is the lack of a belief in God, to believe in something without evidence is faith or religion.

So the belief there is no God without proving it, is kind of a contradiction to Atheism in itself.

Hope this clears some things up.

That doesn't really contradict atheism, it's more of an addition to a person's atheism. They lack belief, not only that, they also believe there is no God. There's nothing about "evidence" in your definition of atheism.

Archived