What is Atheism?

What is athism?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is athism?

• The lack of a belief in God
    • The belief that there is no God
    • What's the difference between 1 & 2?
    • Other (please post below)

No, it, most certainly does not clear things up- as that's actually the subject of the discussion (see poll at top of page).

i.e. some people disagree with your definition of atheism :)

A question for those who didn't choose option one: Lack of belief in God

(sorry for the bold and font size, but I feel this is an important question and I'd like to hear the answers :bigsmile:)

If you think that atheism means option 2-The belief that there is no God, or option 4-Other, for you what category does option 1 (lack of belief in God) fall under?

And can you explain why?

Onewheeldave, can you answer the question I asked here?

My point exactly...you cannot prove a false negative, hence the lack of of belief in a God.

You can never prove.. That is the point.. You athesist will be running in circles forever..they was no beginning but yet you expect me to explain this..

One of my questions was "where did you get this definition from?".

Simply repeating your opinion does not answer that.

Because agnostics is science and science is about finding what was here before the universe.. Now I say this, and this is to everyone who thinks I'm wrong and cares enough to prove I'm wrong then go an head, give me evidence or an opinion on why I'm wrong and so that you can prove me wrong

Because agnostics is science and science is about finding what was here before the universe.. Now I say this, and this is to everyone who thinks I'm wrong and cares enough to prove I'm wrong then go an head, give me evidence or an opinion on why I'm wrong and so that you can prove me wrong

Drone, where do you get your definition of "agnostic" from ?

Drone, where do you get your definition of "agnostic" from ?

Read philosopher Paul, now they isn't much information on him but if you can understand what he is saying. Infact the only real information on him is his verse and the atheists have contradicted this.. Now he says it is impossible to have a honest discussion about god ( this is what is happening here ) , so he saying the truth must lie within the state of disbelief

Archived