What is Atheism?

What is athism?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is athism?

• The lack of a belief in God
    • The belief that there is no God
    • What's the difference between 1 & 2?
    • Other (please post below)

No, I didn't mention anything about agnosticism. You gave two different examples of atheism (in your opinion), I was asking you about the difference between those, and also about this atheist advertising campaign in London that you mentioned.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/21/dawkins_athiest_bus/

I thought this campaign was well known amongst religious athiests. :)

It seems you didn't realise how religiously anti-religion Dawkins is!

You mean this..?

Sorry I thought it was a joke, I was waiting for the punchline !

I can't answer it, as I've never met an atheist who is too embarrassed to talk about God.

You never met an atheist face to face who gets embarrassed to talk about god? .. Pull the other one...most said on here they don't answer door when theists knock

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/21/dawkins_athiest_bus/

I thought this campaign was well known amongst religious athiests. :)

Yes, I'm fully aware of that one, I was asking you about this one though...

Example, if atheists put out adverts saying that people shouldn't believe in God then they are following their beliefs religiously.

The one you've linked to was an advert telling people to stop worrying and enjoy their lives, because there's probably no God. It was a response to the bus advertising campaign by Christian organisation "JesusSaid.org" with their ad which actually were "ramming their beliefs down people's throats", preaching opinions as fact and publicising their website which threatens that people will burn in Hell for eternity if they don't believe in Jesus.

The atheist ad didn't impose any beliefs on anyone, whereas the evangelical Christian one did.

You never met an atheist face to face who gets embarrassed to talk about god? .. Pull the other one...most said on here they don't answer door when theists knock

Then maybe you ought to go and ask them. Please don't accuse me of lying again if you want me to continue humouring your "posts".

I'm a theist in case you hadn't noticed,and in spite of a slight disagreement on another thread,i'm on your side on this one.

They always shut the door in my face when i go knocking.:hihi:

I'm a theist in case you hadn't noticed,and in spite of a slight disagreement on another thread,i'm on your side on this one.

They always shut the door in my face when i go knocking.:hihi:

Is that because they are too "embarrassed" as Drone claims, or because of something else ?

Is that because they are too "embarrassed" as Drone claims, or because of something else ?

I'm actually wondering what distinguishing features theists have, the majority of the population, so that I can refuse to answer the door.

Is it the way they ring the doorbell?

It must be why I now get all my Amazon orders delivered to work, because of our Muslim postman. It's just too embarrassing.

:hihi:

As soon as they see the crucifix and the bible i carry with me,they can't wait to be rid of me, even my beauty doesn't dazzle them.

As soon as they see the crucifix and the bible i carry with me,they can't wait to be rid of me, even my beauty doesn't dazzle them.

So do you think they're too embarrassed or just can't be bothered/don't have time for yet another theist preaching?

With regards to A.B.Yaffle's claim that atheists preach, I've never heard of an atheist going door to door to tell people that they don't believe in God(s).

Archived