What is Atheism?

What is athism?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is athism?

• The lack of a belief in God
    • The belief that there is no God
    • What's the difference between 1 & 2?
    • Other (please post below)

As soon as they see the crucifix and the bible i carry with me,they can't wait to be rid of me, even my beauty doesn't dazzle them.

LOL.. Think it's about time theist (theists indenial) admit they don't like talking about god..by the way janie I sent ya pm earlier, think you need to empty ya bin

So do you think they're too embarrassed or just can't be bothered/don't have time for yet another theist preaching?

With regards to A.B.Yaffle's claim that atheists preach, I've never heard of an atheist going door to door to tell people that they don't believe in God(s).

Haha like this one..

LOL.. Think it's about time theist (theists indenial) admit they don't like talking about god

On the contrary, most theists I've met don't like to discuss their God. I've met many who claim to be open for discussion about their faith, then when I ask a simple question they tend to clam up or even go on the defensive/offensive

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/21/dawkins_athiest_bus/

I thought this campaign was well known amongst religious athiests. :)

It seems you didn't realise how religiously anti-religion Dawkins is!

This is the side of atheism I'm not so keen on. Obviously they felt their noses were put out enough by the very sight of a Christian advert, and had to respond in kind. Some atheists seem quite evangelical in the way they wish to spread atheism, they must have picked up some tips from religious preachers.

There is quite a difference in the meanings. I know they sound very similar and to many it must seem like splitting hairs.

To put it simply, one means to just not have a belief, thus be indifferent or open minded toward the possibility of God(s) existing.

The other means to have a belief that no God(s) can exist.

The latter could be seen as a somewhat ignorant and even illogical belief, whereas the former is merely absence of belief on the matter.

I don't believe there is a god.

I believe there isn't a god.

Same thing.

On the contrary, most theists I've met don't like to discuss their God. I've met many who claim to be open for discussion about their faith, then when I ask a simple question they tend to clam up or even go on the defensive/offensive

Ok so you do have an interest in finding god don't ya despite what you say... This is a serious post I'm writing here

This is the side of atheism I'm not so keen on. Obviously they felt their noses were put out enough by the very sight of a Christian advert, and had to respond in kind. Some atheists seem quite evangelical in the way they wish to spread atheism, they must have picked up some tips from religious preachers.

Do you have a problem with the Christian advert also?

Archived