City Vs City San Francisco (USA) Vs Stockholm (Sweden)

Where is nicer, safer, richer place to live  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Where is nicer, safer, richer place to live

• Stockolm Sweden
    • San Franchisco California

I'm torn between these two places on where to live and raise a family, I haven't visited either yet because it wouldn't be the same if I went now compared to if I went later on when I become a multi-millionaire.

Stockholm: Voted the Greenest Country in Europe. Cloths and Shoes and other luxuries cost more than San Franchisco. Swedes are friendly as well as being sexually liberated. It is not uncommon for them to have more than one partner ebcause they are naughty. People are mistaken thinking they are easy, Stockholmers tend to be extremely educated. Seasonal Weather, when it snows people go skiing etc. Plenty of natural scenery. To be accepeted you have to do things the Swedish way. Don't really know the neighbourhoods in Stockholm but I think Ostermalm has 'rich-town vibe'. I would like to know 'best laidback rich town' is in Stockholm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4AAK2m0Rg&feature=player_embedded

San Franchisco: Laidback 'rich-town vibel'. They are accepting of all kinds of people and you don't have to 'fit-in'. Nice beaches along the Bay. Renting is higher than Stockholm. Buying properties is about the same compared with Stockholm. Neighbourhoods in San Franchisco

Rents are very high in S.F and some of the accommodation is ridiculously priced for what you get to live in. Many private homes have converted their garage space into small studio type flats..... illegal of course but they do it and get high rents.

I prefer San Diego anyday and it doesnt rain half as much

When you become a multimillionaire? I hope you don't mean my euromillions win tomorrow. I'm not sharing it:).

I guess it would depend whether you want your kids to grow up overtly homosexual or wearing 70s style haircuts and listening to Abba.

And since when is Sheffield no longer the greenest city in Europe?

I prefer San Diego anyday and it doesnt rain half as much

San Diego and San Fransisco are two totally different citys seperated by 500 miles. The weather in San Fransisco is VERY different to San Diego and more European. I would pick Frisco over San Diego everytime.

Been to both, give me the Peak District any day.

No thanks, if i had the money i would be out of here asap.

San Diego and San Fransisco are two totally different citys seperated by 500 miles. The weather in San Fransisco is VERY different to San Diego and more European. I would pick Frisco over San Diego everytime.

No thanks, if i had the money i would be out of here asap.

I used to like S.F but over the years changed my opinion. The city is only attractive north of Market street. That's where all the touristy bits are which in recent years have been flogged to death. A walk along Market street in the afternoons is running the gamut of drunks and druggies, panhandlers and people yelling obscenities and spitting on the sidewalks. No thanks.

San Diego on the other hand hasn't changed in 40 years. The weather is cool, being next to the ocean, the creeping evening fogs are less frequent than in S.F. There are more hours of sunshine and you are within short driving distances of such attractive seaside towns as La Jolla, Carlsbad and San Clemente

I used to like S.F but over the years changed my opinion. The city is only attractive north of Market street. That's where all the touristy bits are which in recent years have been flogged to death. A walk along Market street in the afternoons is running the gamut of drunks and druggies, panhandlers and people yelling obscenities and spitting on the sidewalks. No thanks.

San Diego on the other hand hasn't changed in 40 years. The weather is cool, being next to the ocean, the creeping evening fogs are less frequent than in S.F. There are more hours of sunshine and you are within short driving distances of such attractive seaside towns as La Jolla, Carlsbad and San Clemente

Where would you make mmore lucrative businesses, Gym, Hotel, Nightclub, Bar etc

Where would you make mmore lucrative businesses, Gym, Hotel, Nightclub, Bar etc

Anywhere which is popular with tourists obviously. You could do very well in York or Edinburgh both really wonderful cities IMO and full of Yanks and Canadians in summer

Archived