City Vs City San Francisco (USA) Vs Stockholm (Sweden)

Where is nicer, safer, richer place to live  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Where is nicer, safer, richer place to live

• Stockolm Sweden
    • San Franchisco California

I used to like S.F but over the years changed my opinion. The city is only attractive north of Market street. That's where all the touristy bits are which in recent years have been flogged to death. A walk along Market street in the afternoons is running the gamut of drunks and druggies, panhandlers and people yelling obscenities and spitting on the sidewalks. No thanks.

San Diego on the other hand hasn't changed in 40 years. The weather is cool, being next to the ocean, the creeping evening fogs are less frequent than in S.F. There are more hours of sunshine and you are within short driving distances of such attractive seaside towns as La Jolla, Carlsbad and San Clemente

Only a short two hour drive south from San Fransisco is Monterey & Carmel, both lovely or the Napa Valley & Sonoma north of Frisco for the wine :hihi:

I getting off topic here and just listing places i love.

Only a short two hour drive south from San Fransisco is Monterey & Carmel, both lovely or the Napa Valley & Sonoma north of Frisco for the wine :hihi:

I getting off topic here and just listing places i love.

I saw Clint Eastwood in Carmel years ago. I heard he had a restaurant there.

Maybe there's a .44 Magnum Special on the menu. Triple fries, two double whoppers and a magnum of house wine

Done most of the California coast, New York and Florida, and so far I would say that San Francisco and New York are the only places I would be able to live in the US.

Having said that, our California trip did not go south of LA, and San Diego is where we plan to go next. From what I know about San Diego I suspect that Harleyman might be right, and we don't usually agree.

:)

Anywhere which is popular with tourists obviously. You could do very well in York or Edinburgh both really wonderful cities IMO and full of Yanks and Canadians in summer

No moving out UK for good.

San Fran Cali is known for its food diversity. But there is lot of competition.. Stockholm definitely has more visitors/tourists.

You need to factor in the education systems if you have kids, property taxes, etc..

We've thought about moving back to where I grew up, but with over $12K a year in JUST property tax, no thank you. I didnt grow anywhere posh either... VERY working class...

I'm torn between these two places on where to live and raise a family, I haven't visited either yet because it wouldn't be the same if I went now compared to if I went later on when I become a multi-millionaire.

Stockholm: Voted the Greenest Country in Europe. Cloths and Shoes and other luxuries cost more than San Franchisco. Swedes are friendly as well as being sexually liberated. It is not uncommon for them to have more than one partner ebcause they are naughty. People are mistaken thinking they are easy, Stockholmers tend to be extremely educated. Seasonal Weather, when it snows people go skiing etc. Plenty of natural scenery. To be accepeted you have to do things the Swedish way. Don't really know the neighbourhoods in Stockholm but I think Ostermalm has 'rich-town vibe'. I would like to know 'best laidback rich town' is in Stockholm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4AAK2m0Rg&feature=player_embedded

San Franchisco: Laidback 'rich-town vibel'. They are accepting of all kinds of people and you don't have to 'fit-in'. Nice beaches along the Bay. Renting is higher than Stockholm. Buying properties is about the same compared with Stockholm. Neighbourhoods in San Franchisco

''Stockholm: Voted the Greenest Country in Europe''

Really?? By who?? As its not a country.

Archived