City Vs City San Francisco (USA) Vs Stockholm (Sweden)

Where is nicer, safer, richer place to live  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Where is nicer, safer, richer place to live

• Stockolm Sweden
    • San Franchisco California

You do SoCal Harley. You know it better than I do since you live down there.

OMG. Look at this! You can rent Frank Sinatra's house!

God I do not want to be responsible for cleaning that pool every day.:P

It looks fab, but at $2,600/ night and a $350 cleaning supplement, I think I'll pass!

You can take a cable car which climbs over 5,000 feet up the San Jacinto mountains and the temperature can drop from 110 F. down below to around 50 F at the top. There's a restaurant on top and you can sit outside, enjoy a few brews or a glass of wine and admire the magnificent view all around.

There's also a wine tasting tour riding aboard a restored San Francisoco cable car and a very lively British style pub in the town

When John Kennedy was President Frank had invited him to stay a few days at his Palm Springs home and Kennedy accepted the invitation.

Frank had construction workers come in and start to build a whole new annex to the house specially for the President.

As it turned out for one reason or another Kennedy had to cancel and Frank got very upset and told the workers to tear the whole thing down :hihi:

I read this somewhere

As for cleaning his pool I would have done it for nothing when he was around. There must have been some beautiful ladies taking a dip most days :hihi:

I didn't think of that, but then I'm not a man. ;)

Sometimes the sweep just doesn't get it all and you have to break out the broom. A pain.

I read an autobiography of Lana Turner years ago, and she said she was once invited by her friend Ava Gardner to come for a visit. At the time, Ava Gardener was married to Frank Sinatra. Lana Turner was apprehensive, because Frank Sinatra had a violent temper, but Ava assured her Frank wouldn't be there.

The two friends were enjoying a relaxing weekend, when Frank Sinatra (who was horribly jealous and possessive of Ava Gardner) showed up. A scalding argument ensued and Frank threw both women out of the house and their clothes and suitcases after them. Lana Turner said she never spoke to Frank Sinatra again.

If the walls in that house could talk.

It looks fab, but at $2,600/ night and a $350 cleaning supplement, I think I'll pass!

That is a little steep. But only $350 for a cleaning deposit? Wouldn't it be fun to get a bunch of people together and split the cost?

They should have tours, like Graceland.

I didn't think of that, but then I'm not a man. ;)

Sometimes the sweep just doesn't get it all and you have to break out the broom. A pain.

I read an autobiography of Lana Turner years ago, and she said she was once invited by her friend Ava Gardner to come for a visit. At the time, Ava Gardener was married to Frank Sinatra. Lana Turner was apprehensive, because Frank Sinatra had a violent temper, but Ava assured her Frank wouldn't be there.

The two friends were enjoying a relaxing weekend, when Frank Sinatra (who was horribly jealous and possessive of Ava Gardner) showed up. A scalding argument ensued and Frank threw both women out of the house and their clothes and suitcases after them. Lana Turner said she never spoke to Frank Sinatra again.

If the walls in that house could talk.

What would you find at the bottom of the pool?

Empty champagne bottles and a lost toupee or two?

Santa Monica and Santa Barbara are lovely,I think frisco is too cold and too misty although the trams are great and so too is the pier.

All depends on what you want isnt it,the climate has to count for me,lol would love to try Yuma where the sun never stops but I think its a bit too hot.

Santa Monica and Santa Barbara are lovely,I think frisco is too cold and too misty although the trams are great and so too is the pier.

All depends on what you want isnt it,the climate has to count for me,lol would love to try Yuma where the sun never stops but I think its a bit too hot.

But will you have to catch the 3:10 to Yuma?

A word to the cautious. If S.F or anywhere in California would be your choice how do you feel about eartquakes? Could you deal with them? :hihi:

Yeah i know! quakes are nothing to laugh about but you have to learn to get used to them if you want to live here

We had a 4.5 around 11:00 one night last week. Woke me up but my wife slept peacefully on

The next day there was another about 9:00 AM which rolled through the house. I was on the computer and my wife in the kitchen at the other end of the house. That one we both felt.

The quakes were centered quite a few miles from us but it was felt in other parts of the SoCal area much further afield

A 4.5 by the way is not regarded as being anything big on the Richter scale

A look on a map of California showing all the fault lines looks like a smashed dinner plate that someone glued back together.

Stopped off in Lake Havasu for lunch on the way back from Arizona a few years ago Afterwards walked across London Bridge. 117 Fahrenheit at just after 12:00 PM. :hihi:

Santa Monica? :thumbsup: Not a cheap place to live or buy a house by any means but far less expensive than Santa Barbara

Archived