What is the best non-yellowing white gloss paint?

I painted some skirting boards and picture rails with Crown brilliant white gloss paint a few years ago, within a year or two they had significant yellowing, despite the claims on the tin which stated it was non-yellowing. What is the best paint brand to resist this yellowing?

I painted some skirting boards and picture rails with Crown brilliant white gloss paint a few years ago, within a year or two they had significant yellowing, despite the claims on the tin which stated it was non-yellowing. What is the best paint brand to resist this yellowing?

Hmmm, Crown is up there with Dulux as a top brand. Maybe yellowing only happens with gloss because a couple of years ago I panted my skirting boards, door frames and stair case hand rail with a satinwood finish paint, and there is absolutely no yellowing.

I just wonder how long you expect it to remain pristine white! You say a few years ago. If it's regularly cleaned properly, it will last a few years, but not forever, despite what the tin says. How many people can honestly say they clean their skirting boards regularly? The odd wipe down maybe, but not a 'proper' clean.

I always use Dulux paint. But I also redecorate every 'few years'.

Archived