Pussy Riot - set them free!

Anger I have no issues with. Hate on the other hand seems to have dealt you a psychotic blow. Laundering your sentiments as 'hey look everyone I'm impartial me' just doesn't cut it, you are who you are.

But I'm oppossed to such protests in any religious building, unlike you. For a peaceful person you don't half froth a bit...:D

There is no country in the world with total free speech of course - the common example is shouting fire in a busy place.

Thats what i was questioning!

In answer to Harleyman too,i know people have sacrificed so much to defend free speech,but in reality they're has to be some control,because people abuse that freedom to incite hatred and violence.

But, as a Catholic, don't you believe they will be going to hell? That's what I had rammed down my throat at a young age whilst in the clutches of those dreadful zealots. Everyone is a sinner and unrepentant sinners burn in hell. I diverge here, but I don't see any Catholic clergymen going to jail for the moral offence they have caused me and millions of other people.

But anyway: "Vengance is Mine" Who said that? I remember, it was the Lord. If these girls are going to hell anyway, why would any genuine Christian want to see them punished further while they are still alive? Or are you less interested in these shallow theological paradoxes, but more attracted by the unfounded sense of hypocritical moral outrage Catholicism and other fundamentalist sects - such as the Russian Orthodox Church - seem to encourage their followers to adopt.

When you stopped being a catholic ( as it appears yu have done so - not a probem ;)) did somebody remove the bit of your brain which allowed independent thinking?

There can be little doubt that this 'outrage' has been blown out of all poportion nor can there be any doubt that very many Russian Orthodox Christians ARE outraged.

If - as you and others here seem to be suggesting -it's acceptable for people to enter a place of worship (and a Cathedral is a pretty significant place of worship) and get away with it it's nevertheless unacceptable for a group of women to do the same thing in your country?

Shouod 3 wmen do what these three did in a mos

Why can't you accept that people, certainly older people who would have possibly seen friends and family dragged off to gulags for just wanting the Russian orthodox to exist, be offended ?

I never said I don't accept that people were offended. My problem is with imprisoning people for causing offence.

What those women did was a misdemeanor. Disturbing the peace, or something like that. A fairly small crime in comparison with the bosses of the Russian Orthodox church allying themselves with a dictator in a deliberate conspiracy to use their influence to help usher in a new era of totalitarianism in Russia, in exchange for greater wealth and influence for the church.

When you stopped being a catholic ( as it appears yu have done so - not a probem ;)) did somebody remove the bit of your brain which allowed independent thinking?

NO, that was when someone switched on that bit of my brain. That's why I stopped being a Catholic.

If - as you and others here seem to be suggesting -it's acceptable for people to enter a place of worship (and a Cathedral is a pretty significant place of worship) and get away with it it's nevertheless unacceptable for a group of women to do the same thing in your country?

It was a misdemeanor. Tresspass or disturbing the peace maybe. Something like that. When church is no longer seperated from state, that is when people get two years or worse, because they are no longer being judged under secular law. Would you like to live in a theocracy? Because you certainly make no secret of your approval of the sentence they received.

Shouod 3 wmen do what these three did in a mos

They wouldn't dare. Do you think that is a good thing? Like back in good old days when heretics were burned and the Inquisition extracted confessions?

Edited by donkey

NO, that was when someone switched on that bit of my brain. That's why I stopped being a Catholic.

It was a misdemeanor. Tresspass or disturbing the peace maybe. Something like that. When church is no longer seperated from state, that is when people get two years or worse, because they are no longer being judged under secular law. Would you like to live in a theocracy? Because you certainly make no secret of your approval of the sentence they received.

They wouldn't dare. Do you think that is a good thing? Like back in good old days when heretics were burned and the Inquisition extracted confessions?

Load of bolleaux really. You're not trying to argue that the silly little girls should've been allowed to do what they did do, you're arguing that the Russian government doesn't follow the same rules as you you.

Shall we start from there? Are you prepared to argue? I am. (Provided that your brain hasn't been switched off for so long that you can't engage in a logical and reasoned conversation.)

Some people (more than one) on this forum, really are akin to Nazi collaborators. They don't seem at all concerned with how heinous or corrupt a regime is, yet should anyone speak out about such a regime's injustice, like Pussy Riot have, they're all over their case.

Scary thing is, it's more that one forum user who is like this.

. (Provided that your brain hasn't been switched off for so long that you can't engage in a logical and reasoned conversation.)

You aren't engaging in logical reasoned discussion. You are coming from the point of religious bigotry. As such, you are unable to grasp the simple concept that - whatever offence these women may have caused - it pales into insignificance compared to what they were protesting against, namely a tyrant and the wickedness of an organisation which claims to represent God, whilst allying itself with that tyrant for very Earthly gains.

Ditto what Waldo said.

it pales into insignificance compared to what they were protesting against, namely a tyrant and the wickedness of an organisation which claims to represent God, whilst allying itself with that tyrant for very Earthly gains.

Yes but you're not allowed to argue that on the basis 'you don't live there' or 'The Orthodox church in the past were suppressed and out of respect for their religion and its followers, no argument will be tolerated. Amazing how the "collaborators" defend the state and church who at one time didn't recognize each other but now recognize the love affair they now have as a vision peace and tolerance.

This is the orthodox church as it stands:

http://rt.com/news/orthodox-church-mercy-pussy-962/

and so many conditions attached.:gag:

Some people (more than one) on this forum, really are akin to Nazi collaborators.

Scary thing is, it's more that one forum user who is like this.

Do you have to resort to that old left wing accusation tactic, just because some disagree with the girls staging their demonstration on a church alter.