Pussy Riot - set them free!

One of the lyrics was 'the Lord is ****' and I expect that was meant to incite, whatever happened to religious tolerance?

Religious tolerance only ever seems to go one way though. I'd happily be more tolerant of religion once it becomes more tolerant and not bigoted towards homosexuals, women etc

One of the lyrics was 'the Lord is ****' and I expect that was meant to incite, whatever happened to religious tolerance?

It doesn't exist other than the thin veneer cleverly constructed to appease the masses. Probe the veneer and all hell breaks loose, don't and you're fed a croc of **** supported by mass collaboration. Religious nutters will defend their faith to the point of locking anyone up or worse, especially in this case where the state and church are in cahoots.

I know i shouldn't go off topic,and perhaps this is a question for the entertainment section,but i'm not that up to date on the music scene lately.

The Pussy riot girls are a punk band, has punk music made a revival,or are the Russians a bit behind the times?

Just a little curious thats all.:cool:

I know i shouldn't go off topic,and perhaps this is a question for the entertainment section,but i'm not that up to date on the music scene lately.

The Pussy riot girls are a punk band, has punk music made a revival,or are the Russians a bit behind the times?

Just a little curious thats all.:cool:

punks never been away ;)

theres always been an underground, away from the mainstream, all countries have punk bands, both back in the day and now.

even mainstream bands still have an influence, green day and offspring have just released new stuff, emo music is based on post hardcore punk bands from washington dc in the 90s

So by suggesting some people on here are akin to nazi callaborators, he got it right.

We are discussing Russia here. so if i said those who attacked their church are akin to Stalinists,would i have got that right?

Nazisim- Stalinism... Same difference really!

It's not really about Nazism though...

I could have said tyrant sympathisers. I've noticed it on more that one thread here; some people are all to eager to side with and support tyrants, abusive corrupt regimes masquerading as legitimate authority; and condemn anyone who speaks out or protests against such 'authority'.

Maybe I'm guilty of judging too soon, but honestly, this is how some people come across on here, or at least, it's how they seem to my eyes. Maybe they feel that by siding with authority, it lends an air of authority to their own person? Maybe they're just so conditioned to accept authority, and to question it is wrong? I dunno.

They are people of small brain. Small fry petty tyrants themselves.

punks never been away ;)

theres always been an underground, away from the mainstream, all countries have punk bands, both back in the day and now.

even mainstream bands still have an influence, green day and offspring have just released new stuff, emo music is based on post hardcore punk bands from washington dc in the 90s

Thanks Mel,i didn't know all that. One can always rely on you for music information.:)

Edited by janie48
correction to posters name.

Thanks Meth,i didn't know all that. One can always rely on you for music information.:)

well punks been my main knowledge since the early 80s lol, im on a few punk forums too, so see / hear the newer bands that are still going / starting :headbang:

and tbh pussy riot arent one of the best newer bands

It's not really about Nazism though...

I could have said tyrant sympathisers. I've noticed it on more that one thread here; some people are all to eager to side with and support tyrants, abusive corrupt regimes masquerading as legitimate authority; and condemn anyone who speaks out or protests against such 'authority'.

Maybe I'm guilty of judging too soon, but honestly, this is how some people come across on here, or at least, it's how they seem to my eyes. Maybe they feel that by siding with authority, it lends an air of authority to their own person? Maybe they're just so conditioned to accept authority, and to question it is wrong? I dunno.

They are people of small brain. Small fry petty tyrants themselves.

A good post, but I disagree with a lot of it. Can't speak for anyone else but I think you might be under a bit of a misapprehension.

The Russian orthodox church doesn't rise, fall or exist on their leaders alone. Forget about them. They seem pretty seedy and up to their armpits in all sorts. But the church (or any religious organisation) isn't about the leaders it's about their followers. You can't tarnish them with the same brush. They have every right to be offended, and not mocked for it. It was swearing in a place of worship and, certainly the elderly, will be offended and want them punished. That doesn't make them brainwashed or have small brains.

We can go back and forth about the sentencing, which is harsh the fact that Putin might wear a different suit but he's still a secret policeman at heart, running a fake democracy or the fact pussy riot should have known what was coming the moment they thought up the idea. It doesn't give you the right to judge people, certainly those who lived for years under soviet rule as collaborators just because they don't want people messing about in their place of worship.