Pussy Riot - set them free!

Not many people risk years in prison just for "cheap publicity".

Of course there would have been no publicity whatsoever had the Russian authorities not gone overboard and put them on trial.

Ah but did they know they faced imprisonment ?

By the grins on there faces they remind me of Charles Mansons girls, they won't be smiling much longer .

You seem to be pleased about that, why? They sang an anti government song, they didn't slaughter a pregnant woman.

Well the Dixie Chicks didnt get arrested and charged with saying bad things about Dubaya when they returned home from their London gig. :hihi:

They lost some of their fans but that's a lot better than losing their freedom and right of free speech

Do you regard all women in pop music as whores, or is it just Madonna?

Where in my post did I mention all women in pop music or the word whore? Untwist your knickers and wind your kneck in. Being a fan of Madonna doesn't make you defender of Russian gay rights, it just means you have terrible taste in music.

I think she should have boycotted it if it really was about the issue and not some publicity/controversial stunt to garner attention.

I think the Russian administration will pay as much attention to her outburst in this way as ours did to Sean penn on the Falklands issue.

As she owns a house in a gated community in the Negev built on lands stolen from the indeginous population (who are now forbidden to enter said community), I don't think she is in a position to comment on human rights.