Best pubs at High Green/ Chapletown- advice?!

theimposter

Contrary to other posters narrow-minds, The pubs around there are quiet nice, a treat if you like real ale and especially if are eating whilst you're out.

Give Crown & Cushion and Bridge Inn a go, down the centre of Chapeltown, I'd recommend The Commercial and The Royal Oak.

Have Fun! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by JA5E

Contrary to other posters narrow-minds, The pubs around there are quiet nice, a treat if you like real ale and especially if are eating whilst you're out.

Give Crown & Cushion and Bridge Inn a go, down the centre of Chapeltown, I'd recommend The Commercial and The Royal Oak.

Narrow minded? :suspect:

The Crown and Cushion on Burncross road is a lovely pub. A nice relaxed pub that does lovely food. Not very lively though if thats what you're looking for. Escape is a nice bar in the centre of Chapeltown, its lively and has a good atmosphere. The only one i'd personally avoid is Scandals, just because its not my scene, loud dance music etc. As mentioned before, the Bridge is nice, its recently been refurbished and now sells food. Its a little bit out of the way though, you might want to be more central.

I dont know why people are telling you to avoid it. I wonder if they've ever even been. I dont go often but when I have, i've never seen any trouble. Just a lot of people wanting to have a good time. Its much more "civilised" that Hillsborough.

If you want to know anymore, let me know.

Zip.

The Escapes a nice pub and the Oak's not bad either as for the others especially Scandals give em a miss. The Prince of Wales is ok if you're 50 plus and the Crown and Cushion is ok, good for meals but can be a bit cliquey. The train takes 12 to 15 mins into town always a good option ;)

Originally posted by JA5E

Do all these 4 do real ale? I'd heard that there was only the Commercial that did real ale.......

Archived