Best pubs at High Green/ Chapletown- advice?!

theimposter

Originally posted by Bruno

Escape used to be Carousel had extensive refurb to what it is now.

As for as know Commercial is only one which does real ale, also The Miners does real ale (warren Lane)

i'm not that familiar with the area. What was Carousel? Was it a pub? Is Escape a trendy bar??

It's designed as an eating place/trendy bar, a massive improvement from the days when it was just a pub, I've not heard any bad comments about the place.

Best thing to do is try them all and make your own mind up, there is also Chapeltown WMC in the same area, if that is your thing.

My opinion there is a wide choice of pubs catering to a variety of tastes.

As for High Green starting from the top

There is Rose Inn, Salutation Inn, High Green WMC, Market Inn, Queens Head (currently closed) Cart & Horses (which is also a chinese restaurant) Catholic Club, Pack Horse, Pickwicks (eating place), Continue on wortley road towards chapeltown, Thorncliff Pavillion, Crossfield Tavern, Barrel Inn (area classed as Lane End) continue up and over the hill to Chapeltown

Before continuing on worltly road, a right turn onto Greengate Lane will take you to Phoenix pub continue you will then reach Bridge Inn top of the hill Acorn Inn, turn left towards Chapeltown your next pubs would be Crown & Cushion, Wharncliffe Arms, Greenhead Reataurant, Prince of Wales, Ranch (cricket club) then Escape, you would then be at the same point of my first paragraph.

Then its Chap WMC, Scandals, Royal Oak, Coach & Horses, Commercial, continue up the hill Turn left onto Warren Lane Norfolk Arms, Miners Arms, Thorncliffe Arms.... If you turn right at the roundabout where Scandals is the British Legion Club is on your right.

Hope the above helps you to plan a route :D

Archived